Linker error VC++ 6.0

Started by
2 comments, last by Uthanatos 22 years, 5 months ago
I''m a newbie lets get that straight first. I know C++ well enough to handle myself though, but when I''m looking at new code (first time today) and come up with a linker error I get kind of stuck. I got to lesson 6 (rotation) and figured I''d finally take a stab at screwing with it. well i download the source and fire up Visual Studio. at first I forgot to put in OpenGL32.lib GLu32.lib and GLaux.lib so I get like 24 linker erros. After I corrected that problem I thought I would be good to go. However I tried to build it and came up with 2 errors as follows: LIBCD.lib(crt0.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _main Debug/Lesson3.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals Am I missing something here? Again this code is UNALTERED so I KNOW its not something I did. Any thoughts/hints/suggestions would be wonderful. Thanks I''''m here, I''''m now, lets do it.
I''m here, I''m now, lets do it.
Advertisement
Did you create a Win32 app, or a Win32 console app?
ReactOS - an Open-source operating system compatible with Windows NT apps and drivers
not sure, I just downloaded it and double clicked the .cpp file. How do I check/change depending..
Taken care of, thanks your question helped. I wasn''t doing something right so I just created an entirely new Win32 application and copied the code into it.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement