Sign in to follow this  
polyfrag

Broken on iphone

weymiensn    180

Perhaps you could be a little more specific by explaining which elements are too narrow... For example, on my smarphone the blue ribobn, which I presume is id="primary_nav", indeed too narrow to be easy to use. However, as I said previously on another post that is perhaps entirely subjective.

The white space on the right side is also vague and I have no experience with such a thing...

jbadams    25676

Interesting, that's really different from what I see on my Android phone (Samsung Galaxy S4, running Chrome):

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/24916480/Screenshot_2013-06-30-16-02-09.png

You can see a lot of the extra stuff has been removed in favour of just the main content -- tapping reveals things like quote buttons, moderator options, etc.  These devices should have reasonably similar capabilities, I wonder if we can get the same simpler display for iPhone as what I'm seeing...

Hodgman    51234
I think the issue is that the mid-thread advertisements are forcing the screen to a particular width, while the posts are trying to use a smaller width.

Usually the iPhone lets you double-tap to zoom on certain elements, but this feature doesn't work for some reason on the new GDNe layout for some reason, which means I can't even work-around the layout issues, making it very near unreadable.

Cornstalks    7030

Interesting, that's really different from what I see on my Android phone (Samsung Galaxy S4, running Chrome):

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/24916480/Screenshot_2013-06-30-16-02-09.png

That's not at all what I see on my GS2 running Chrome (and Android 4.0). I see:

Nw22g21.png

And this site needs to use the "hamburger" button more:

d4Iip3u.png

E2Xl9Pg.png

Also, the thread listing is cramped:

BjRw0oh.png

Cornstalks    7030

Any better?

MUCH better. I might suggest the "By content type" and "By time period" be drop-down selections as well, just to save vertical real estate.

Cornstalks    7030

Thanks for the feedback btw.. I didn't know about the "Hamburger" icon and went and came up with a fix that minimized the menu for you using the hamburger icon as a toggle button.

Awesome.

It's narrow again.

Screenshots would probably help, I'm guessing...

polyfrag    2502
Actually it's just this topic. Might be the big images. Also edit post is narrow.

And all blog pages are narrow. And there's no link to switch between journals and forums.

Michael Tanczos    5681

That is bizarre.   Any help you could provide if you know a way to diagnose that problem would be very appreciated.   I never see a half-width screen but I'm going to have to track down some sort of iphone browser simulator.