• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Eamonn Dev Rea

JavaScript achievements library?

This topic is 2206 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm trying to make a few small web apps, and I'm using Jaws.js to do it! I have to say, I'm in love with Jaws.js! It's so easy to use!! Though I'd like to use more libraries, I'm sticking with one for now. I'm having one problem though: How can I add achievements? I could add them myself, but is there an API for it? Is there a framework or something?

Before anyone says "Don't use JavaScript", JavaScript is really powerful and very misunderstood!!

Thanks! Any help is appreciated!! :D

Advertisement

I really doubt that you will find any API's for achievements. You will have to write it by your own.

Edit: Well, I guess I was wrong.

Edited by Edvinas Kilbauskas

There are plenty of options for Flash, and for other languages, but the only JavaScript option I've heard of is clay.io -- I don't have any experience with it or know how good it is, but you could investigate further.  If you do investigate, please let us know your thoughts so we can properly answer others in future!

Someone else might know of an option, but if you're set on sticking with JavaScript (and there's nothing wrong with that at all, it's a great option!) and clay-io turns out to be unsuitable you may have to implement them yourself.  You could try approaching some of the providers of Flash-based APIs and requesting JavaScript/HTML5 support -- they're unlikely to do it just for you, but if they discover there's enough demand they may possibly implement something -- and you could possibly strike it lucky and get in on a beta if they turn out to already be working on something.

Hope that helps!

//EDIT:  Beaten to it whilst submitting my post!  Looks like a couple more potential options!

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!