OpenGL

Started by
18 comments, last by Promit 10 years, 9 months ago

Hello!

I'm sorry for this kind of topic, but i'm really in trouble and need your help.

I've finally exam. Trust me i tried but can't do anything.

The mission is to draw Solar System(model in attachment)

1,2,3 -- textures, light and etc

c,d - move

space- pause

Please someone help me it really needful.

Advertisement

What's your problem?

What's your problem?

I have no idea how to do this.

I don't now opengl at all. I've misunderstandingssad.png

I see some code in internet but can't turn them in my project.

Honestly i need full project in .zip

Please help!

If you don't have any idea and don't even know OpenGL at all, then asking for help here is not going to get you anywhere. You need to at least learn the basics so you can start yourself, especially if this is an exam project where you are supposed to learn. It's fine to ask for questions about more specific problems you encounter, but I'm not going to allow you to just come here without any effort and ask for a solution, especially not if this is an exam task.

If you don't have any idea and don't even know OpenGL at all, then asking for help here is not going to get you anywhere. You need to at least learn the basics so you can start yourself, especially if this is an exam project where you are supposed to learn. It's fine to ask for questions about more specific problems you encounter, but I'm not going to allow you to just come here without any effort and ask for a solution, especially not if this is an exam task.

Can you help me step by step?

Can you tell me from where i can begin?

If this is an exam, then does it belong to a course? If it does, did the course cover what you need to know to finish the project? If it does, why haven't you followed what the course taught you?

If, as yo say, that you don't even know OpenGL to begin with, then you need to step back and learn it. And learning it here won't cut it. You need to learn from a more extensive resource than a forum. The forum front page has links you can follow if you don't want to study your course material.

Why are you so rude to me?
Trust me it is not all about me. It is the problem of my collage system. How i learn opengl then the 75% of lectures are missed??
And after that professor says: Make a solar system! But how?
Please be kind. I've only 3 days left!

Useless...

Have a good day

You have a responsibility to learn yourself. I don't know if you mean you missed the lectures yourself, or if they were canceled for some reason, but it doesn't matter, it is still your responsibility to learn. It sucks if it is not your fault of course, but it is not an excuse for not learning since you're not at college for any reason other than learning.

But I'm not objecting to that. I'm objecting at coming here and asking for a solution. We don't allow that here at GameDev. You ask for answers about problems, not for solutions to tasks.

I was at a university, partly as a student of course, but mostly as a teacher for post-graduate level courses, for around 15 years now. I see this behavior a lot, and it really is the one of the worst ways of learning. That is why I am so reluctant to provide any assistance on the project, but rather advise you to truly study and learn, because I have seen enough student fail with the kind of approach you're showing. You're only cheating yourself, and it will come back at you.

Its the policy of this forum *not* to provide direct solutions for homework assignments or exams. If you've done some of the work already, and just need some help puzzling out a solution to a specific problem you've encountered, we can help, be no one here will provide you the whole solution.

No one's being rude to you, how are we to know whether your story of the professor missing 75% of the lectures is true? Perhaps it was you who missed 75% of the lectures -- we just don't know. Regardless, surely not everyone in your class is experiencing the same difficulty. Why have you not taken whatever steps they have taken to learn the material independently? If what you say is true, then I sympathize, but its not our place to correct the mistakes of this world. If the professor really has done such a poor job, I suggest you raise the issue with your school administrators, and encourage other students to do the same.

throw table_exception("(? ???)? ? ???");

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement