Reputation system is glitched

Started by
11 comments, last by jbadams 10 years, 9 months ago

I made this post because I suspected either a glitch or a single user abusing the system, and I was RIGHT. I was right, and this was confirmed by multiple moderators. Of course, you missed that part entirely, didn't you? What, were you too busy passing judgement to observe information? Are you so full of yourself that you feel you don't need to read a thread to know what it is about? Or are you so set in your opinion that no amount of evidence to the contrary can possibly sway you?

Orymus3 is perfectly entitled to use the reputation system for the purposes which it was designed for. The system is not being abused. I concur with their observations, for what it's worth.

Basically, I'm asking you, personally, what in the FUCK is wrong with you?

Calm down, that is an (unofficial) warning.

Looking at your behaviour in this and the linked thread, it seems to me that you are going to find yourself removed from the community unless you can tone down some of your more extreme comments. If you disagree with someone, you can state it clearly and calmly in a reasonable manner, do not resort to SHOUTING and personal attacks.

Advertisement

Actually, I'm going to lock this thread too, for your own good. It seems to only be drawing further attention to your other thread, and that seems to be just earning further down votes.

If you have any other questions or bug/abuse reports about the reputation system, feel free to contact a moderator. I would note that, personally, I would be disinclined to take a sympathetic view of members who are being down voted due to their own aggressive behaviour.

Not certain, but it appears to still be acting weird.

Just confirming there are no additional problems (other than the known issue of values incorrectly displaying as -3 rather than -4) or apparent abuses of the system -- you've just been down-voted by additional users who apparently objected to some of your behaviour, which is a perfectly valid and intended use of the system.

For reference, reacting as you did in reply #9 of this very topic is exactly the sort of behaviour people object to, and isn't really an acceptable reaction to someone who chose to volunteer feedback on why he had personally contributed to your falling reputation. It's perfectly understandable that people (myself among them in a couple of the worst cases) are choosing to down-vote some of your posts given your unfriendly and defensive attitude, and even the user who went on the "down-voting rampage" had only picked out posts where you were reacting questionably.

- Jason Astle-Adams

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement