Giving away 4 x RPG Maker VX Ace to those who would use it

Started by
44 comments, last by Meatsack 10 years, 9 months ago

Well Steam summer sale is on and I thought to myself I would buy the RPG Maker VX Ace x 4 pack for an unexpected random giveaway to some members of Gamedev. Now whilst it is not everyone's cup of tea I have no doubt some may find it interesting, useful and maybe ...just maybe someone will actually use it to create a game.

So here is the deal.

If you want a copy for legitimate reasons then please elucidate away.

The requirements: you must be on Steam and one of the four who receives the pack will have to hive off the three copies to other parties.

Advertisement

I just bought a copy of my own, then I see this topic.

I think I'm gonna be sick...

I'd love a copy, but what does "hive off" mean?

If I do get it: Dragonsoulj013

but what does "hive off" mean?

Hive off

Basically the 4 x pack is one unit -- the person who opens the unit then dispenses three components to others whilst retaining the fourth for themselves.

I just bought a copy of my own, then I see this topic.

I think I'm gonna be sick...

lol I feel your pain...but at least you will know that there will be others on Gamedev who also have it which may lead to fruitful possibilities.

Okay so Dragonsoulj has first copy --- 3 to go

If I somehow managed to get credit back, would you still consider gifting me a copy?

@Stromynature - I would love to take up this opportunity 8)

If I somehow managed to get credit back, would you still consider gifting me a copy?

Are you arguing from the point of financial genius i.e. saving money on budgets etc in order to return the product and take a freebie and thus make a saving that you would put into your game?

OR

Are you arguing from the viewpoint of "OMG I can't believe I just bought this frigging thing and I could have got it for free!?"

OR

Are you arguing that my interest is best served by having one less other Gamedev member who might utilise this and be potential competition and steal all my potential players away?

OR

Insert a reason.

I should point out I am open to this....but I do want a reason and I might say no....if I think the reason is insufficiently creative enough...because let's face it...it is all about the freebie versus having paid for it :P

Dedicated copies so far

Dragonsoulj

Lonewolff

Are you arguing from the point of financial genius i.e. saving money on budgets etc in order to return the product and take a freebie and thus make a saving that you would put into your game?

OR

Are you arguing from the viewpoint of "OMG I can't believe I just bought this frigging thing and I could have got it for free!?"

OR

Are you arguing that my interest is best served by having one less other Gamedev member who might utilise this and be potential competition and steal all my potential players away?

OR

Insert a reason.

I should point out I am open to this....but I do want a reason and I might say no....if I think the reason is insufficiently creative enough...because let's face it...it is all about the freebie versus having paid for it tongue.png

The reasoning is that I'm rather poor, and any money I can spare is needed, even if the best I can do is getting credit that can pretty much only go toward games.

I completely understand if you'd rather save it for someone else, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

but it doesn't hurt to ask

That there sold me mate.

If you can get a refund - I will purchase you a separate copy.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement