My mixin library

Started by
4 comments, last by Bleys 10 years, 8 months ago

I'm developing a library that allows you to have C++ mixins (vaguely similar to Ruby's mixins or the traits in Smalltalk's dialect Self and not to be confused with CRTP mixins).

It's not strictly about game development, but it can be treated as an alternative to an entity-component system, which is very useful for games with fairly complex objects (RPG's, Strategies).

The library has a lot of working and a lot of planned features, but for now I'm focusing on the documentation (which is pretty thin). I don't intend to add any of the planned features until I submit it to Boost.

Anyway I'd be happy to hear any comments, suggestions, and questions you might have.

Here's the link: https://github.com/iboB/boost.mixin (the name is Boost.Mixin, because I want to submit it to the Boost libraries for inclusion, but it's not part of them yet)

It's only when you look at ants with a magnifying glass on a sunny day, that you realise just how often they burst into flames.

Advertisement

I have not checked out the code yet but this sounds like an interesting idea. I think Ruby's mixin system is fairly neat as well.

I will try to check out the code as soon as possible.

Good luck!

Honestly, I thought this was going to attract more interest

Anyway, I'll try the spam again after more of the documentation is done smile.png

It's only when you look at ants with a magnifying glass on a sunny day, that you realise just how often they burst into flames.

Honestly, I thought this was going to attract more interest

It was posted on reddit some time ago: http://www.reddit.com/r/cpp/comments/1i59h2/boostmixin/

// although, indeed, there are usually more comments

Well, to be honest I'm not satisfied with the documentation (the part that's complete by now) and I think it doesn't help people understand what the library is about. I'll be working on an entire doc revamp, and then try gathering interest again.

Also, thanks for the link!

Well I revamped the introduction part of the documentation and added two tutorials (more to come).

Hopefully it's clearer now.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement