Sign in to follow this  
kd7tck

Byproduct of Insomnia

HumanCatfood    333

Oh god. The escaping escape-escapes. They've escaped! Again!! .. it's literally making my eyes water..

I hope your crisis improves soon! *man-hug*

Edited by HumanCatfood

Well that's a good use-case for a macro and the string literal concatenation which is done by the preprocessor.

#define PREAMBLE "STT=\\\\\\\"\nST=\\\"\necho \"system(${ST}echo '"

Then you can do system(PREAMBLE "rest of stuff");

You don't even need an operator!

Promit    13246

One of the mistakes people make with Ambien is not immediately going to and staying in bed. If you take it and stay up, most people go into crazy mode and start doing a lot of weird things. I saw a thread once about the stuff people have done while on ambien. It's an oddball.

Edited by Promit

kd7tck    735

One of the mistakes people make with Ambien is not immediately going to and staying in bed. If you take it and stay up, most people go into crazy mode and start doing a lot of weird things. I saw a thread once about the stuff people have done while on ambien. It's an oddball.

Well that's a good use-case for a macro and the string literal concatenation which is done by the preprocessor.

#define PREAMBLE "STT=\\\\\\\"\nST=\\\"\necho \"system(${ST}echo '"

Then you can do system(PREAMBLE "rest of stuff");

You don't even need an operator!

Very true, now that I'm off the med, I realize how crazy most of my coding was during those couple of months. I am under the firm belief that most new game companies fail because they push their employees too hard and don't let them sleep enough.

EricFinlay    112

Yo dawg, I heard you like escapes...

But seriously, personally I've made a commitment to 8 hours of sleep a night and my productivity has gone through the roof.  It can't be ignored.

Bacterius    13165

Yo dawg, I heard you like escapes...

But seriously, personally I've made a commitment to 8 hours of sleep a night and my productivity has gone through the roof.  It can't be ignored.

Staying up late to get more done is so tempting though unsure.png