Upcoming Unofficial GameDev Competition

Started by
130 comments, last by jbadams 9 years, 7 months ago

Add me to the list of interested. I will be going solo.

Edit:whoops, I just noticed I'm already on the list. Thanks!

Stay gold, Pony Boy.
Advertisement

Upate: I think I'll probably target Unity or MonoGame depending on what I come with. I'll also be going solo.

Anyone else planning to document their game progress on their developer journal? I've been looking for an excuse to start mine, and this seems like just the sort of thing that would work.

I'll either stick with SFML, or maybe try out SDL 2.0.

Anyone else planning to document their game progress on their developer journal? I've been looking for an excuse to start mine, and this seems like just the sort of thing that would work.

I did that last time. I ended up spamming the journal feed with 19 progress posts during a 72 hour community contest, burying other journal entries and continually staying at the top of the feed.

So the answer is yes, I'll join you in documenting my game's progress. laugh.png

I think the forum software now only lets one of your posts be present on the feed at a time, which is good. smile.png

Last time, after the contest, I also did 9 very thorough review posts of other contestants' games (but only after the judges had submitted their scores later that week, so as to not influence or bias them). It was very exhausting though! I don't think I'll do that this time around. mellow.png

Hm... I thought of feeding uploading blog system to my page and post development journal there... but, I think I'll create & use journal here on gamedev ... so we'll be full out spamming the journal feeds here! Yay! ph34r.png

As for the tech, I'm not sure what will I use. It probably depends on the idea I'll get as soon as the theme is revealed, but I will most likely work with 3D graphics and epic programmers art. biggrin.png

My current blog on programming, linux and stuff - http://gameprogrammerdiary.blogspot.com

For the record, we would love everyone who's willing to do so to post status updates in journals! Those of you with Twitter could also submit screenshots with the #screenshotsaturday hashtag to submit images to our screenshot showdown. smile.png

- Jason Astle-Adams

I'll probably only post once a night, it's too bad this isn't happening jus one week later(i'd have pretty much the entire week off.)

I'll probably just go solo though, and will just use my own framework.
Check out https://www.facebook.com/LiquidGames for some great games made by me on the Playstation Mobile market.

And ehm... I probably hadn't said that if my friend will have time (at least as music composer, or better as my art director), we will probably go duo (gotta catch him on the skype asap, so I can confirm it - though we live in way too different time zones, so it will be a ton of fun).

EDIT: Yep, so he has time - is it necessary to fill name here, or?

EDIT 2: And second question, can we get a hardware specs of judge's platforms?

My current blog on programming, linux and stuff - http://gameprogrammerdiary.blogspot.com

About that part in the rules:

(that is, is it easy to install and run and start playing?)

Do you really want to have installers? No problem to do, but I'd probably rather provide both an installer and a .zip archive.

Fruny: Ftagn! Ia! Ia! std::time_put_byname! Mglui naflftagn std::codecvt eY'ha-nthlei!,char,mbstate_t>

For the record, we would love everyone who's willing to do so to post status updates in journals! Those of you with Twitter could also submit screenshots with the #screenshotsaturday hashtag to submit images to our screenshot showdown. smile.png

In that case, consider me in and furthermore in the camp of only posting once a day since I have other obligations in addition to this contest.

I'll reply to this ASAP; super busy with the convention right now.

"Registering" with teams is an informal thing. So it's fine if your team member isn't a GDNet member. It's also fine if you have a teammate join your team during the competition (the only thing I don't want is for someone to switch teams (or for you to have more than 3 members, (note that if your team is 3 people, and someone quits during the competition, you can't replace them as you've already maxed out your 3 members (though it's fine if someone quits before the competition starts))) (holy crap that's a lot of parens).

I'll go into more detail and answer all the questions better when I get time tomorrow.

[size=2][ I was ninja'd 71 times before I stopped counting a long time ago ] [ f.k.a. MikeTacular ] [ My Blog ] [ SWFer: Gaplessly looped MP3s in your Flash games ]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement