Upcoming Unofficial GameDev Competition

Started by
130 comments, last by jbadams 9 years, 7 months ago

So, just so I'm getting the timezone stuff straight, you'll announce the theme in 1 hour and 15 minutes? Or did I miscalculate?

Not that I'm anxiously awaiting the announcement or anything. ph34r.png

Advertisement

So, just so I'm getting the timezone stuff straight, you'll announce the theme in 1 hour and 15 minutes? Or did I miscalculate?

Not that I'm anxiously awaiting the announcement or anything. ph34r.png

At your time of posting, yes. It's now 33 minutes away.

[size=2][ I was ninja'd 71 times before I stopped counting a long time ago ] [ f.k.a. MikeTacular ] [ My Blog ] [ SWFer: Gaplessly looped MP3s in your Flash games ]

Theme posted! The competition has begun! Good luck everyone! Once again, don't hesitate to ask questions.

[size=2][ I was ninja'd 71 times before I stopped counting a long time ago ] [ f.k.a. MikeTacular ] [ My Blog ] [ SWFer: Gaplessly looped MP3s in your Flash games ]

Please add me to the list of teams, I will be going solo. Thanks.

Stay gold, Pony Boy.

Had a great idea for the theme (within 10 minutes of the announcement), but my partner vetoed it with extreme prejudice. laugh.png

We worked together to come up with a new idea, and I have semi-good feeling about this direction. Especially since it's not too complicated to code! wink.png

Well, I'm off to bed.

Good luck everyone! And may the odds be ever in your... Oh, sorry, wrong competition.

Also, can you move me to the Team list? I will be working with 2 others (graphics and sound), but they do not have GDNet accounts.
Fuzzy Rhombus is really the team name, but it is my GDNet account (it's confusing, I know lol)

So Fuzzy Rhombus:
Ryan (me),
Max,
Travis

Done, added!

Awesome, thanks!

It is indeed an interesting theme :)

So can we use D3D11 on Windows without risk of a judge not being able to run the code? I'm thinking of participating and have sort of a game concept to go with, but I'd like to know a bit more about which technologies we are able to use.

“If I understand the standard right it is legal and safe to do this but the resulting value could be anything.”

So can we use D3D11 on Windows without risk of a judge not being able to run the code? I'm thinking of participating and have sort of a game concept to go with, but I'd like to know a bit more about which technologies we are able to use.

Yes, D3D 11 is supported by enough judges. I'll post all the machine specs in a few hours.

Yes, D3D 11 is supported by enough judges. I'll post all the machine specs in a few hours.

Can you post all the iOS devices as well? And Android for those that may be targeting that as well?

Okay, the other 3 Windows machines available for judging are:

i7 Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz
8GB RAM
HD7970 3GB
W7 x64
Windows 7 Alienware M17xR4 laptop. Quad-core Intel Core i7 2.6Ghz processor, 8GB RAM, NVidia GeForce GTX 675M.
Windows 8 machine that's pretty low end with integrated graphics and can't handle anything flashy
In short, all the judges have a decent, up-to-date machine.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement