Upcoming Unofficial GameDev Competition

Started by
130 comments, last by jbadams 9 years, 7 months ago

Can you post all the iOS devices as well? And Android for those that may be targeting that as well?

I can't speak for the other judges, but I have access to an iPhone 4s, a Samsung Galaxy S4, and a first generation iPad. I don't have exact specs on hand for those, so I'll leave it as an exercise to contestants to research in more detail if necessary. I also have a 7" D703B DXtreme Android Tablet; 1.2GHz ARM Cortex A8 processor, Mali-400 320MB 2d/3d graphics, 512MB RAM, running Android 4 (ICS).

Hope that helps! smile.png

- Jason Astle-Adams

Advertisement

I guess I can be added to the list of interested people/teams. I'll be working solo.

Can you post all the iOS devices as well? And Android for those that may be targeting that as well?

I can't speak for the other judges, but I have access to an iPhone 4s, a Samsung Galaxy S4, and a first generation iPad. I don't have exact specs on hand for those, so I'll leave it as an exercise to contestants to research in more detail if necessary. I also have a 7" D703B DXtreme Android Tablet; 1.2GHz ARM Cortex A8 processor, Mali-400 320MB 2d/3d graphics, 512MB RAM, running Android 4 (ICS).

Hope that helps! smile.png

Very much, thanks!

Now just need to hear from the others :)

Mainly I want to make sure I'm safe only supporting OGL ES2.

For the record, we would love everyone who's willing to do so to post status updates in journals! Those of you with Twitter could also submit screenshots with the #screenshotsaturday hashtag to submit images to our screenshot showdown. smile.png

Sorry if this is a kind of stupid thing to fret about, but does that mean we can just post all our screenshots on Twitter using the #screenshotsaturday hashtag even if it isn't Saturday?

EDIT: Also, how am I supposed to know what skills people on the list are capable of, if I were to try and gather a team? The list just shows usernames, not what people are interested in contributing.

[twitter]Casey_Hardman[/twitter]

will this be a one-time thing or will there be another one in a few weeks?

My CVMy money management app: ELFSHMy game about shooting triangles: Lazer of Death

We'd love to have these sort of contests more regularly, but in a few weeks is pretty unlikely -- this is just organised by community members!

We're also very likely to have an official competition in future, but we can't say when we might get to it yet.

- Jason Astle-Adams

will this be a one-time thing or will there be another one in a few weeks?

If I organize another one of these, it probably won't be until next year. I dunno if anyone else is planning on organizing a competition. I'm also looking forward to GDNet's official competition, whenever that happens.

Mainly I want to make sure I'm safe only supporting OGL ES2.

Absolutely you're safe.

[size=2][ I was ninja'd 71 times before I stopped counting a long time ago ] [ f.k.a. MikeTacular ] [ My Blog ] [ SWFer: Gaplessly looped MP3s in your Flash games ]

Don't know how much I will get done, but figure I will give it a shot... wish I had noticed this earlier, I was spending the week converting a program to the .net languages, but this seems a lot more fun.

I will contact my friend who does art/audio and see if I can get him to join in on my team as well... just need to think up a concept...

EDIT: Thought up contest, but seems my graphic/audio dude is out of town for the week. :(

Oh well, if nothing else it provides a great opportunity to test a few things I have been meaning to get around too for concepts applied to actual coding.

It would be nice to have some sort of page that has all of the journals that reference this contest on one thread. It could be by tagging the journals with "Awesome" and "Contest" or having someone just gather all of the links on one thread. It would be a nice read for anyone interested in future contests or game developers in general. Maybe one thread to see what's going on during the week and another thread for thoughts (ex: mistakes, epiphanies, learned lessons) after the contest is over, a postmortem* of sorts.

*There's another term but I can't think of it.

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

My apologies if this has been answered already, but do we waive any rights to things submitted as contest entries (beyond the obvious of allowing them to be judged, etc.)? Specifically I'm wondering if I'll be able to re-use things made for this in other (including potentially profitable) projects.

-~-The Cow of Darkness-~-

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement