Upcoming Unofficial GameDev Competition

Started by
130 comments, last by jbadams 9 years, 7 months ago

My apologies if this has been answered already, but do we waive any rights to things submitted as contest entries (beyond the obvious of allowing them to be judged, etc.)? Specifically I'm wondering if I'll be able to re-use things made for this in other (including potentially profitable) projects.

Oh, oops, I forgot to mention that. No, you retain all rights to any work submitted to the contest, so you may use the work/IP for any purpose you wish after the contest. I'll make a note about that in the OP.

Edit: Added a note to the FAQ. The only thing that is required in terms of rights is for you to allow the game to be downloaded by the general public (that is, the game that you submit during the competition; if you work on the game after the competition, the updated version does not need to be made available to the general public (you may sell it, if you wish)).

[size=2][ I was ninja'd 71 times before I stopped counting a long time ago ] [ f.k.a. MikeTacular ] [ My Blog ] [ SWFer: Gaplessly looped MP3s in your Flash games ]
Advertisement

Team update: I have found an artist to work with! He goes by the name "mechanixis" and will be doing character art and possibly some other things.

If you're a single developer and in need of a bit of music, you can look at http://incompetech.com. There's royalty free music under CC license. You do need to credit the musician though.

For sound effects, Dr.Petters sfxr is pure awesomeness.

Fruny: Ftagn! Ia! Ia! std::time_put_byname! Mglui naflftagn std::codecvt eY'ha-nthlei!,char,mbstate_t>

Due to a myriad of computer problems and lack of motivation, I'm afraid we're bowing out of this one. Best of luck to you all!

If you're a single developer and in need of a bit of music, you can look at http://incompetech.com. There's royalty free music under CC license. You do need to credit the musician though.

I was looking for some audio, Thanks.

Due to a myriad of computer problems and lack of motivation, I'm afraid we're bowing out of this one. Best of luck to you all!

That's unfortunate.

Have you sorted out those computer problems (yet) ?

Never say Never, Because Never comes too soon. - ryan20fun

Disclaimer: Each post of mine is intended as an attempt of helping and/or bringing some meaningfull insight to the topic at hand. Due to my nature, my good intentions will not always be plainly visible. I apologise in advance and assure you I mean no harm and do not intend to insult anyone.

sfxr/cfxr is indeed a great little tool. biggrin.png I won't be using it for this though.

Before this gets too late.. would the judges mind posting up (or pming me, or anyone else who may need) their Apple UDID's for iOS devs? Unless you're device is jailbroken you won't be able to install the app unless it's code-signed including your device id.

Sorry I just thought to ask this..unsure.png

Thanks!

Team update: I have found an artist to work with! He goes by the name "mechanixis" and will be doing character art and possibly some other things.

Updated the team list.

Dang, that's unfortunate!

Before this gets too late.. would the judges mind posting up (or pming me, or anyone else who may need) their Apple UDID's for iOS devs? Unless you're device is jailbroken you won't be able to install the app unless it's code-signed including your device id.

I'll PM you mine in just a second. If Gaiiden and jbadams don't PM you their UDID soon-ish PM them. If they still don't respond, PM me.

[size=2][ I was ninja'd 71 times before I stopped counting a long time ago ] [ f.k.a. MikeTacular ] [ My Blog ] [ SWFer: Gaplessly looped MP3s in your Flash games ]

would the judges mind posting up (or pming me, or anyone else who may need) their Apple UDID's for iOS devs?

The iPhone 4s I have access to is jailbroken, so no worries there. smile.png

- Jason Astle-Adams

That's unfortunate.

More or less. Thanks for the concern though!

That's unfortunate.

More or less. Thanks for the concern though!

That's good! :)

Never say Never, Because Never comes too soon. - ryan20fun

Disclaimer: Each post of mine is intended as an attempt of helping and/or bringing some meaningfull insight to the topic at hand. Due to my nature, my good intentions will not always be plainly visible. I apologise in advance and assure you I mean no harm and do not intend to insult anyone.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement