Books on C#, Data Driven Design, OpenGL, HLSL and Tile Engines

Started by
3 comments, last by vipar 10 years, 8 months ago

When I look around the net to try and find books on these subjects (if all together that would be awesome but most likely not existing) I can't seem to find books on part of these things.

I know C# and would like to make a tile engine for a game I got planned. A book I found called CSharp Game Programming For Serious Game Creation features OpenGL, C# and HLSL. But the game you are going to make is a 2D side scroller. There also seem to be very few books at all on Data Driven Design in general and in relation to games.

I need to achieve a tile engine using C# and OpenGL preferably using Data Driven Design. Do you have any books you would recommend?

If you don't really know any books you'd recommend for the above, I guess I'll go back to that book and work it out later.

CEO of Dynamic Realities

Advertisement

At a certain point, you should be able to do it without books. You understood and thus can build on top of what you've learned, or not.

I suggest to look on the internet. There's a lot of good information although you might have to separate the noise.

Previously "Krohm"

At a certain point, you should be able to do it without books. You understood and thus can build on top of what you've learned, or not.

I suggest to look on the internet. There's a lot of good information although you might have to separate the noise.

That's all fine and good but do you have any books you would recommend for this?

CEO of Dynamic Realities

If you're all set for this, maybe look at software engineering books. This should hopefully "click" what you need to evolve your skills to the point of being able to design.

Previously "Krohm"

If you're all set for this, maybe look at software engineering books. This should hopefully "click" what you need to evolve your skills to the point of being able to design.

But can you recommend any books?

CEO of Dynamic Realities

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement