Sign in to follow this  

sphere position during collision

This topic is 1607 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi everyone,

I have a small problem I hope you can help me :)

I have a sphere and some walls, I need to place the sphere as close as possible (so like the collision happen) to the geometry. we can think it as 2D problem:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/6f/Incircle_and_Excircles.svg

Suppose my sphere is the top one (with center in Ja), I need to find that Ja vector. I have the sphere (radius, direction etc..), the geometry (can be a triangle, separate lines, no problem..). I already managed the case of hitting a line, but when I change the direction across a vertex, I get incorrect result. I mean, my problem is to get the right sphere position when I have 2 lines (concave or convex).

Thanks,

Tim

Hi,

thanks for the answer.

I know that book, it won't help that much. I need to find the closest sphere to a triangle (or convex polygon) given the direction. I can check if the circle hit the triangles but it's not moving. I just need to move the circle as close as possible to the triangle, having the imaginary moving direction for the circle.

Thanks,

T

This topic is 1607 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.