My progress

Started by
1 comment, last by Tillman 10 years, 8 months ago

This is kind of a strange post for this forum and for me, but I thought it would appropriate to do now. Gamedev.net is where I started to learn 3d. I came here looking to learn about writing for games, and someone told me that I would never get a job being a writer without a primary skill, either in art or in programming -- so I chose art.

Unfortunately, none of my earliest art here is available (I started doing 3d seriously in 2006), it was all hosted on now defunct image sharing sites, but I do have some of my work from near 2010 (By 2010, I was still terrible). This year I've won a couple of CG awards, been front-paged and really started doing cool work. And to be clear to everyone, this isn't a bragging post. I'm just here showing what I did, and part of that is to show people who are starting out, this is how it works. You work for a long, long time doing really terrible art, and then one day you're a decent artist. There is nothing to it but the hard work over time.

Anyways, I figure I owed gamedev.net a thank you of sorts. When I got on here, I was still in high-school, had no idea what I wanted to do or how to do it. Now I'm married, have a child, and my skills in 3d allow me to make a living freelancing from home while I watch my daughter. So thanks, guys, if anyone from back then is left.

my portfolio and more random stuff is www.yurialexander.com

2010:

24Bil.jpg

OS7Ud.jpg

2011:

gT5GY.png

2012:

r3O0j.jpg
PWQtx.jpg

MQ3Us.jpg

and current, 2013:

Cs8Hz.jpg
69wDO.jpg

srixWSt.jpg
R6uOE6J.jpg

O3QyWky.jpg

StxmBzd.jpg

Zgfp8il.jpg

Advertisement

really impressive work.

Check out https://www.facebook.com/LiquidGames for some great games made by me on the Playstation Mobile market.

incredible!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement