#include <d3d11.h>
#include <d3dx11.h>
#include <d3dx10.h>

// include the Direct3D Library file
#pragma comment (lib, "d3d11.lib")
#pragma comment (lib, "d3dx11.lib")
#pragma comment (lib, "d3dx10.lib")

// global declarations
IDXGISwapChain *swapchain;             // the pointer to the swap chain interface
ID3D11Device *dev;                     // the pointer to our Direct3D device interface
ID3D11DeviceContext *devcon;           // the pointer to our Direct3D device context

// function prototypes
void InitD3D(HWND hWnd);     // sets up and initializes Direct3D
void CleanD3D(void);         // closes Direct3D and releases memory

HRESULT D3D11CreateDeviceAndSwapChain(
    IDXGIAdapter *pAdapter,
    D3D_DRIVER_TYPE DriverType,
    HMODULE Software,
    UINT Flags,
    D3D_FEATURE_LEVEL *pFeatureLevels,
    UINT FeatureLevels,
    UINT SDKVersion,
    DXGI_SWAP_CHAIN_DESC *pSwapChainDesc,
    IDXGISwapChain **ppSwapChain,
    ID3D11Device **ppDevice,
    D3D_FEATURE_LEVEL *pFeatureLevel,
    ID3D11DeviceContext **ppDeviceContext);

// the WindowProc function prototype
LRESULT CALLBACK WindowProc(HWND hWnd,
                         UINT message,
                         WPARAM wParam,
                         LPARAM lParam);

// the entry point for any Windows program
int WINAPI WinMain(HINSTANCE hInstance,
                   HINSTANCE hPrevInstance,
                   LPSTR lpCmdLine,
                   int nCmdShow)
{
    // the handle for the window, filled by a function
    HWND hWnd;
    // this struct holds information for the window class
    WNDCLASSEX wc;

// clear out the window class for use
    ZeroMemory(&wc, sizeof(WNDCLASSEX));

// fill in the struct with the needed information
    wc.cbSize = sizeof(WNDCLASSEX);
    wc.style = CS_HREDRAW | CS_VREDRAW;
    wc.lpfnWndProc = WindowProc;
    wc.hInstance = hInstance;
    wc.hCursor = LoadCursor(NULL, IDC_ARROW);
    wc.hbrBackground = (HBRUSH)COLOR_WINDOW;
    wc.lpszClassName = L"WindowClass1";

// register the window class
    RegisterClassEx(&wc);

RECT wr = {0, 0, 500, 400};    // set the size, but not the position
AdjustWindowRect(&wr, WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW, FALSE);    // adjust the size

// create the window and use the result as the handle
    hWnd = CreateWindowEx(NULL,
                          L"WindowClass1",    // name of the window class
                          L"Our First Windowed Program",   // title of the window
                          WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW,    // window style
                          300,    // x-position of the window
                          300,    // y-position of the window
                          500,    // width of the window
                          400,    // height of the window
                          NULL,    // we have no parent window, NULL
                          NULL,    // we aren't using menus, NULL
                          hInstance,    // application handle
                          NULL);    // used with multiple windows, NULL

// display the window on the screen
    ShowWindow(hWnd, nCmdShow);

// enter the main loop:
// enter the main loop:

// this struct holds Windows event messages
MSG msg = {0};

// Enter the infinite message loop
while(TRUE)
{
// Check to see if any messages are waiting in the queue
if(PeekMessage(&msg, NULL, 0, 0, PM_REMOVE))
{
// translate keystroke messages into the right format
TranslateMessage(&msg);

// send the message to the WindowProc function
DispatchMessage(&msg);

// check to see if it's time to quit
if(msg.message == WM_QUIT)
break;
}
else
{
// Run game code here
// ...
// ...
}
}

// return this part of the WM_QUIT message to Windows
    return msg.wParam;
}

// this is the main message handler for the program
LRESULT CALLBACK WindowProc(HWND hWnd, UINT message, WPARAM wParam, LPARAM lParam)
{
    // sort through and find what code to run for the message given
    switch(message)
    {
        // this message is read when the window is closed
        case WM_DESTROY:
            {
                // close the application entirely
                PostQuitMessage(0);
                return 0;
            } break;
    }

// Handle any messages the switch statement didn't
    return DefWindowProc (hWnd, message, wParam, lParam);
}

// this function initializes and prepares Direct3D for use
void InitD3D(HWND hWnd)
{
    // create a struct to hold information about the swap chain
    DXGI_SWAP_CHAIN_DESC scd;

// clear out the struct for use
    ZeroMemory(&scd, sizeof(DXGI_SWAP_CHAIN_DESC));

// fill the swap chain description struct
    scd.BufferCount = 1;                                    // one back buffer
    scd.BufferDesc.Format = DXGI_FORMAT_R8G8B8A8_UNORM;     // use 32-bit color
    scd.BufferUsage = DXGI_USAGE_RENDER_TARGET_OUTPUT;      // how swap chain is to be used
    scd.OutputWindow = hWnd;                                // the window to be used
    scd.SampleDesc.Count = 4;                               // how many multisamples
    scd.Windowed = TRUE;                                    // windowed/full-screen mode

// create a device, device context and swap chain using the information in the scd struct
    D3D11CreateDeviceAndSwapChain(NULL,
                                  D3D_DRIVER_TYPE_HARDWARE,
                                  NULL,
                                  NULL,
                                  NULL,
                                  NULL,
                                  D3D11_SDK_VERSION,
                                  &scd,
                                  &swapchain,
                                  &dev,
                                  NULL,
                                  &devcon);
}

// this is the function that cleans up Direct3D and COM
void CleanD3D()
{
    // close and release all existing COM objects
    swapchain->Release();
    dev->Release();
    devcon->Release();
}

I am getting a linker error:

Error 29 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "long __cdecl D3D11CreateDeviceAndSwapChain(struct IDXGIAdapter *,enum D3D_DRIVER_TYPE,struct HINSTANCE__ *,unsigned int,enum D3D_FEATURE_LEVEL *,unsigned int,unsigned int,struct DXGI_SWAP_CHAIN_DESC *,struct IDXGISwapChain * *,struct ID3D11Device * *,enum D3D_FEATURE_LEVEL *,struct ID3D11DeviceContext * *)" (?D3D11CreateDeviceAndSwapChain@@YAJPAUIDXGIAdapter@@W4D3D_DRIVER_TYPE@@PAUHINSTANCE__@@IPAW4D3D_FEATURE_LEVEL@@IIPAUDXGI_SWAP_CHAIN_DESC@@PAPAUIDXGISwapChain@@PAPAUID3D11Device@@3PAPAUID3D11DeviceContext@@@Z) referenced in function "void __cdecl InitD3D(struct HWND__ *)" (?InitD3D@@YAXPAUHWND__@@@Z) C:\Users\Eric\Documents\Visual Studio 2012\Projects\d3dinit\d3dinit\Source.obj d3dinit

My linker settings show additional libraries referenced are:

d3d11.lib
d3dx11.lib
d3dx10.lib

There must be something missing from my setup.

As well my lib directory is:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft DirectX SDK (June 2010)\Lib\x64

Thanks in advance...
Edited by sepoto

backstep    1313
Are you compiling to an x64 application? If I had to guess, your app is win32 and not x64, but your lib directory is set to x64, so the linker fails.

I'd suggest either changing the visual studio solution platform to x64, or your lib directory to win32 (or rather, x86).

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By AlexWIN32
      Hello!

A have an issue with my point light shadows realisation.

First of all, the pixel shader path:
      //.... float3 toLight = plPosW.xyz - input.posW; float3 fromLight = -toLight; //... float depthL = abs(fromLight.x); if(depthL < abs(fromLight.y)) depthL = abs(fromLight.y); if(depthL < abs(fromLight.z)) depthL = abs(fromLight.z); float4 pH = mul(float4(0.0f, 0.0f, depthL, 1.0f), lightProj); pH /= pH.w; isVisible = lightDepthTex.SampleCmpLevelZero(lightDepthSampler, normalize(fromLight), pH.z).x;

lightProj matrix creation
      Matrix4x4 projMat = Matrix4x4::PerspectiveFovLH(0.5f * Pi, 0.01f, 1000.0f, 1.0f);  
      thats how i create Depth cube texture

viewport->TopLeftX = 0.0f; viewport->TopLeftY = 0.0f; viewport->Width = static_cast<float>(1024); viewport->Height = static_cast<float>(1024); viewport->MinDepth = 0.0f; viewport->MaxDepth = 1.0f; D3D11_TEXTURE2D_DESC textureDesc; textureDesc.Width = 1024; textureDesc.Height = 1024; textureDesc.MipLevels = 1; textureDesc.ArraySize = 6; textureDesc.Format = DXGI_FORMAT_R24G8_TYPELESS; textureDesc.SampleDesc.Count = 1; textureDesc.SampleDesc.Quality = 0; textureDesc.Usage = D3D11_USAGE_DEFAULT; textureDesc.BindFlags = D3D11_BIND_DEPTH_STENCIL | D3D11_BIND_SHADER_RESOURCE; textureDesc.CPUAccessFlags = 0; textureDesc.MiscFlags = D3D11_RESOURCE_MISC_TEXTURECUBE; ID3D11Texture2D* texturePtr; HR(DeviceKeeper::GetDevice()->CreateTexture2D(&textureDesc, NULL, &texturePtr)); for(int i = 0; i < 6; ++i){ D3D11_DEPTH_STENCIL_VIEW_DESC dsvDesc; dsvDesc.Flags = 0; dsvDesc.Format = DXGI_FORMAT_D24_UNORM_S8_UINT; dsvDesc.ViewDimension = D3D11_DSV_DIMENSION_TEXTURE2DARRAY; dsvDesc.Texture2DArray = D3D11_TEX2D_ARRAY_DSV{0, i, 1}; ID3D11DepthStencilView *outDsv; HR(DeviceKeeper::GetDevice()->CreateDepthStencilView(texturePtr, &dsvDesc, &outDsv)); edgeDsv = outDsv; } D3D11_SHADER_RESOURCE_VIEW_DESC srvDesc; srvDesc.Format = DXGI_FORMAT_R24_UNORM_X8_TYPELESS; srvDesc.ViewDimension = D3D11_SRV_DIMENSION_TEXTURECUBE; srvDesc.TextureCube = D3D11_TEXCUBE_SRV{0, 1}; ID3D11ShaderResourceView *outSRV; HR(DeviceKeeper::GetDevice()->CreateShaderResourceView(texturePtr, &srvDesc, &outSRV));  
      then i create six target oriented cameras and finally draw scene to cube depth according to each camera
      Cameras creation code:  
      std::vector<Vector3> camDirs = { { 1.0f, 0.0f, 0.0f}, {-1.0f, 0.0f, 0.0f}, { 0.0f, 1.0f, 0.0f}, { 0.0f, -1.0f, 0.0f}, { 0.0f, 0.0f, 1.0f}, { 0.0f, 0.0f, -1.0f}, }; std::vector<Vector3> camUps = { {0.0f, 1.0f, 0.0f}, // +X {0.0f, 1.0f, 0.0f}, // -X {0.0f, 0.0f, -1.0f}, // +Y {0.0f, 0.0f, 1.0f}, // -Y {0.0f, 1.0f, 0.0f}, // +Z {0.0f, 1.0f, 0.0f} // -Z }; for(size_t b = 0; b < camDirs.size(); b++){ edgesCameras.SetPos(pl.GetPos()); edgesCameras.SetTarget(pl.GetPos() + camDirs); edgesCameras.SetUp(camUps); edgesCameras.SetProjMatrix(projMat); }  
      I will be very gratefull for any help!
      P.s sorry for my poor English)

• By isu diss
      HRESULT FBXLoader::Open(HWND hWnd, char* Filename) { HRESULT hr = S_OK; if (FBXM) { FBXIOS = FbxIOSettings::Create(FBXM, IOSROOT); FBXM->SetIOSettings(FBXIOS); FBXI = FbxImporter::Create(FBXM, ""); if (!(FBXI->Initialize(Filename, -1, FBXIOS))) MessageBox(hWnd, (wchar_t*)FBXI->GetStatus().GetErrorString(), TEXT("ALM"), MB_OK); FBXS = FbxScene::Create(FBXM, "MCS"); if (!FBXS) MessageBox(hWnd, TEXT("Failed to create the scene"), TEXT("ALM"), MB_OK); if (!(FBXI->Import(FBXS))) MessageBox(hWnd, TEXT("Failed to import fbx file content into the scene"), TEXT("ALM"), MB_OK); if (FBXI) FBXI->Destroy(); FbxNode* MainNode = FBXS->GetRootNode(); int NumKids = MainNode->GetChildCount(); FbxNode* ChildNode = NULL; for (int i=0; i<NumKids; i++) { ChildNode = MainNode->GetChild(i); FbxNodeAttribute* NodeAttribute = ChildNode->GetNodeAttribute(); if (NodeAttribute->GetAttributeType() == FbxNodeAttribute::eMesh) { FbxMesh* Mesh = ChildNode->GetMesh(); NumVertices = Mesh->GetControlPointsCount();//number of vertices MyV = new FBXVTX[NumVertices]; for (DWORD j = 0; j < NumVertices; j++) { FbxVector4 Vertex = Mesh->GetControlPointAt(j);//Gets the control point at the specified index. MyV[j].Position = XMFLOAT3((float)Vertex.mData[0], (float)Vertex.mData[1], (float)Vertex.mData[2]); } NumIndices = Mesh->GetPolygonVertexCount();//number of indices; for cube 20 MyI = new DWORD[NumIndices]; MyI = (DWORD*)Mesh->GetPolygonVertices();//index array NumFaces = Mesh->GetPolygonCount(); MyF = new FBXFACEX[NumFaces]; for (int l=0;l<NumFaces;l++) { MyF[l].Vertices[0] = MyI[4*l]; MyF[l].Vertices[1] = MyI[4*l+1]; MyF[l].Vertices[2] = MyI[4*l+2]; MyF[l].Vertices[3] = MyI[4*l+3]; } UV = new XMFLOAT2[NumIndices]; for (int i = 0; i < Mesh->GetPolygonCount(); i++)//polygon(=mostly rectangle) count { FbxLayerElementArrayTemplate<FbxVector2>* uvVertices = NULL; Mesh->GetTextureUV(&uvVertices); for (int j = 0; j < Mesh->GetPolygonSize(i); j++)//retrieves number of vertices in a polygon { FbxVector2 uv = uvVertices->GetAt(Mesh->GetTextureUVIndex(i, j)); UV[4*i+j] = XMFLOAT2((float)uv.mData[0], (float)uv.mData[1]); } } } } } else MessageBox(hWnd, TEXT("Failed to create the FBX Manager"), TEXT("ALM"), MB_OK); return hr; } I've been trying to load fbx files(cube.fbx) into my programme. but I get this. Can someone pls help me?

• By lonewolff
      Hi Guys,
      I am having a bit of a problem with a dynamic texture.
      It is creating without error and I am attempting to initialize the first pixel to white to make sure I am mapping correctly. But when I draw the texture to the quad it displays the whole quad white (instead of just one pixel).
      This is how I am creating, mapping, and setting the first pixel to white. But as mentioned, when I draw the quad, the entire quad is white.

// Create dynamic texture D3D11_TEXTURE2D_DESC textureDesc = { 0 }; textureDesc.Width = 2048; textureDesc.Height = 2048; textureDesc.MipLevels = 1; textureDesc.ArraySize = 1; textureDesc.Format = DXGI_FORMAT_B8G8R8A8_UNORM; textureDesc.SampleDesc.Count = 1; textureDesc.Usage = D3D11_USAGE_DYNAMIC; textureDesc.BindFlags = D3D11_BIND_SHADER_RESOURCE; textureDesc.CPUAccessFlags = D3D11_CPU_ACCESS_WRITE; textureDesc.MiscFlags = 0; HRESULT result = d3dDevice->CreateTexture2D(&textureDesc, NULL, &textureDynamic); if (FAILED(result)) return -1; result = d3dDevice->CreateShaderResourceView(textureDynamic, 0, &textureRV); if (FAILED(result)) return -2; D3D11_MAPPED_SUBRESOURCE resource; if (FAILED(d3dContext->Map(textureDynamic, 0, D3D11_MAP_WRITE_DISCARD, 0, &resource))) return -1; memset(resource.pData, 255, 4); d3dContext->Unmap(textureDynamic, 0);  
      Hopefully I have just made an oversight somewhere.
      Any assistance would be greatly appreciated
      (If I change the 255 value to 128 the quad then turns grey, so the mapping is definitely doing something. Just can't work out why it is colouring the whole quad and not the first pixel)
    • By KaiserJohan
      Just a really quick question - is there any overhead to using DrawIndexedInstanced even for geometry you just render once vs using DrawIndexed? Or is the details obfuscated by the graphics driver?
      I would assume no but you never know  
    • By isu diss
       I'm trying to code Rayleigh part of Nishita's model (Display Method of the Sky Color Taking into Account Multiple Scattering). I get black screen no colors. Can anyone find the issue for me?

#define InnerRadius 6320000 #define OutterRadius 6420000 #define PI 3.141592653 #define Isteps 20 #define Ksteps 10 static float3 RayleighCoeffs = float3(6.55e-6, 1.73e-5, 2.30e-5); RWTexture2D<float4> SkyColors : register (u0); cbuffer CSCONSTANTBUF : register( b0 ) { float fHeight; float3 vSunDir; } float Density(float Height) { return exp(-Height/8340); } float RaySphereIntersection(float3 RayOrigin, float3 RayDirection, float3 SphereOrigin, float Radius) { float t1, t0; float3 L = SphereOrigin - RayOrigin; float tCA = dot(L, RayDirection); if (tCA < 0) return -1; float lenL = length(L); float D2 = (lenL*lenL) - (tCA*tCA); float Radius2 = (Radius*Radius); if (D2<=Radius2) { float tHC = sqrt(Radius2 - D2); t0 = tCA-tHC; t1 = tCA+tHC; } else return -1; return t1; } float RayleighPhaseFunction(float cosTheta) { return ((3/(16*PI))*(1+cosTheta*cosTheta)); } float OpticalDepth(float3 StartPosition, float3 EndPosition) { float3 Direction = normalize(EndPosition - StartPosition); float RayLength = RaySphereIntersection(StartPosition, Direction, float3(0, 0, 0), OutterRadius); float SampleLength = RayLength / Isteps; float3 tmpPos = StartPosition + 0.5 * SampleLength * Direction; float tmp; for (int i=0; i<Isteps; i++) { tmp += Density(length(tmpPos)-InnerRadius); tmpPos += SampleLength * Direction; } return tmp*SampleLength; } static float fExposure = -2; float3 HDR( float3 LDR) { return 1.0f - exp( fExposure * LDR ); } [numthreads(32, 32, 1)] //disptach 8, 8, 1 it's 256 by 256 image void ComputeSky(uint3 DTID : SV_DispatchThreadID) { float X = ((2 * DTID.x) / 255) - 1; float Y = 1 - ((2 * DTID.y) / 255); float r = sqrt(((X*X)+(Y*Y))); float Theta = r * (PI); float Phi = atan2(Y, X); static float3 Eye = float3(0, 10, 0); float ViewOD = 0, SunOD = 0, tmpDensity = 0; float3 Attenuation = 0, tmp = 0, Irgb = 0; //if (r<=1) { float3 ViewDir = normalize(float3(sin(Theta)*cos(Phi), cos(Theta),sin(Theta)*sin(Phi) )); float ViewRayLength = RaySphereIntersection(Eye, ViewDir, float3(0, 0, 0), OutterRadius); float SampleLength = ViewRayLength / Ksteps; //vSunDir = normalize(vSunDir); float cosTheta = dot(normalize(vSunDir), ViewDir); float3 tmpPos = Eye + 0.5 * SampleLength * ViewDir; for(int k=0; k<Ksteps; k++) { float SunRayLength = RaySphereIntersection(tmpPos, vSunDir, float3(0, 0, 0), OutterRadius); float3 TopAtmosphere = tmpPos + SunRayLength*vSunDir; ViewOD = OpticalDepth(Eye, tmpPos); SunOD = OpticalDepth(tmpPos, TopAtmosphere); tmpDensity = Density(length(tmpPos)-InnerRadius); Attenuation = exp(-RayleighCoeffs*(ViewOD+SunOD)); tmp += tmpDensity*Attenuation; tmpPos += SampleLength * ViewDir; } Irgb = RayleighCoeffs*RayleighPhaseFunction(cosTheta)*tmp*SampleLength; SkyColors[DTID.xy] = float4(Irgb, 1); } }  
  • Popular Now