Sublime Text configuration for C/C++

Started by
2 comments, last by renega_666 10 years, 8 months ago

Quite recentely I found out this beautiful text editor for programming purposes. I see that its magic is hidden inside its so called "plugins" or something like that. Since there are a ton of customizations and since you're experienced in working within a development enviroment, I would like you to share your settings/customizations with the rest of us.

I've done my homework in Google, looking for any guides/tutorials and such stuff, but it seems that Sublime Text is more focused into the Web and less in GameDev. Personally, I use a Macbook to do my programming, thus I use XCode. However, many people suggest me to give a try to Qt. What's your opinion? I know that Qt is multiplatform IDE, but I always had this thought (obviously mistaken) that Qt is only for KDE stuff or Linux in general.

Just in case you don't use Sublime Text, you can either skip this thread or make some valuable comments about the text editor/IDE you prefer.

Thanks,

Zeldforged

Advertisement

I use Sublime Text for some things (mostly web stuff), and it's fine. I think it's more "pretty" to look at, but I generally prefer Emacs or Vim over it for programming (I work on a Retina MBP).

As for IDEs... Xcode is okay, but I really prefer Qt Creator over it. The code completion and auto-formatting of Qt Creator is much better, in my opinion. Besides, you can use Qt Creator to create non-Qt programs.

[size=2][ I was ninja'd 71 times before I stopped counting a long time ago ] [ f.k.a. MikeTacular ] [ My Blog ] [ SWFer: Gaplessly looped MP3s in your Flash games ]

Qt is a widget library. Qt creator is an integrated development environment made with Qt, and also has facilities to create other applications based on Qt if you want to use it.

As for other multi platform IDEs... There is Code::Blocks, though it isn't designed to be pretty. And Eclipse + CDT plugin, which works for both C++ and plain C.

"I AM ZE EMPRAH OPENGL 3.3 THE CORE, I DEMAND FROM THEE ZE SHADERZ AND MATRIXEZ"

My journals: dustArtemis ECS framework and Making a Terrain Generator

At work, we are using Qt Creator extensively. We use it for embedded C programming and C++ (on windows and linux).

It works like a charm and is, in my opinion, the best free C/C++ IDE out there.

There are lots of good editing features such as an accurate code completion system (even works with crazy templates or when using smart pointers), refactoring, automatically replace '.' by '->' when necessary,...

KDE is a desktop environment based on the Qt framework. This does not mean that Qt is for KDE/Linux only.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement