AI for NPC

Started by
17 comments, last by TulasiramDavuluri 10 years, 8 months ago

A practical thing for a 'project' :

Make something visible (like a 3D interface so that the situation the AI will handle and its actions resulting from the decisions it makes are obvious to a viewer.

Something like an ordinary street corner with various common props and events which happen and a number of different reactions the AI driven NPC will be able to take.

Usually the more complex AI deals with interactions not with passive objects (reactions) , but with the possible actions (future prediction) of other NPCs

--------------------------------------------[size="1"]Ratings are Opinion, not Fact
Advertisement

A practical thing for a 'project' :

Make something visible (like a 3D interface so that the situation the AI will handle and its actions resulting from the decisions it makes are obvious to a viewer.

Something like an ordinary street corner with various common props and events which happen and a number of different reactions the AI driven NPC will be able to take.

Usually the more complex AI deals with interactions not with passive objects (reactions) , but with the possible actions (future prediction) of other NPCs

Hi wodinoneeye Thanks for the reply..that's simple and good idea which can be straight forward to my project. On advise of IADaveMark, i tired checking some books of AI on this topic. But couldn't find any..can you please tell some methods to use and books to study?

cheers..

I'd personally like to see someone adapt a chat-bot like Clever Bot for use to allow game NPCs to make random conversation. In this case it would not actually be a learning AI, unlike Clever Bot, although you might have a mechanism by which a player can give particular pieces of in-game knowledge to particular NPCs. But as far as adaptive behaviors go, what we really want to see is NPCs being more or less friendly depending on the player's past actions toward that NPC's faction and individual self.

Hi sunandshadow, adapt a chat bot is good idea as it showcases purely AI. but as i'm looking for some thing that can be developed fast and should show adaptive techniques in easy way, just not to mess with my moderators during my presentation :) can you please suggest me some easy application concept..

cheers

Poker playing bots have been developed which use learning to adjust their strategy based on the tightness/aggressiveness of their AI or human opponents.

Hi Paradigm Shifter, thanks for the reply. i will have a check on bots development application, if i can make it fast and easy. because i need to make more research than concentrating most of the time on developing application, as Master's need more research..can you please suggest me if you have any another idea's?

cheers

Why are you in this field? There must be some ideas in it that excite you. Perhaps they can be used as a starting point for your project... Just saying.

Hi wodinoneeye Thanks for the reply..that's simple and good idea which can be straight forward to my project. On advise of IADaveMark, i tired checking some books of AI on this topic. But couldn't find any..can you please tell some methods to use and books to study?

cheers..

Multi Agent Systems (an introduction to distributed Artificial intelligence) Jacques Ferber 1999 (Addison-Wesley)

Covers alot of general AI stuff. Has not so much real examples but formalization of the concepts involved (stuff professors like to see at the backend of a project)

--------------------------------------------[size="1"]Ratings are Opinion, not Fact

cheers..

Multi Agent Systems (an introduction to distributed Artificial intelligence) Jacques Ferber 1999 (Addison-Wesley)

Covers alot of general AI stuff. Has not so much real examples but formalization of the concepts involved (stuff professors like to see at the backend of a project)

Thanks for the book pal...

This might interest you https://www.coursera.org/course/ggp it's a course organised by Standford University, about General Game Players, but it starts the 30th of Spetember, so you'll have to wait some time for this one.

This might interest you https://www.coursera.org/course/ggp it's a course organised by Standford University, about General Game Players, but it starts the 30th of Spetember, so you'll have to wait some time for this one.

Thanks for the link pal..i have registered for that a week and waiting for that to start..

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement