• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
germangb

Who's this woman?

This topic is 1810 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

This might be a silly question, but I've seen her in many graphics programming articles and I'm keen on using its 3d model...

start-400x341.jpg

Advertisement

As obvious from her appearance, it's Hebe from Greek mythology: she works as cupbearer for the big-shot gods on Mount Olympus (hence the cup and pitcher).
This specific model is $75 on Turbosquid (http://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/hebe-greek-roman-goddess-max/403709, not to be confused with another Hebe statue), but shop around.

Edited by LorenzoGatti

Building on Lorenzo's post, the Hebe statue is a common reference model that can be found in a variety of formats around the web. I'm not sure what the licencing/copyright restrictions are so I cannot guarantee that using one of the many copies floating around the web is legitimate or not.

If I remember correctly they packaged that model with RenderMonkey, and that's probably where a lot of people get it from.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!