Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Howligan

Untiy3D Help!

7 posts in this topic

I am new here so I am not entirely sure where to post this but I figured here would be the right place to post this topic since I am a beginner and this is the beginner section. 

My problem is, I was coding a Raycast in JAVA (for a melee system) and I got an error like this (need help with unity.png)

I don't know if it has to do with the code I created for the enemies. (That's why enemy logic is there). The only thing I put for the enemies is for them to lose health. They don't attack or move.

Key:

Melee System Code: Top Right

Error: Top Left

Enemy Logic: Bottom Left

OK so I didn't actually state my question. What is that error? What does it mean? How do I get rid of it?

my guess is

var Damage ;int = 50;  should be

var Damage :int = 50; 

always check for typos first.

This isn't a response to your question. But I would also like to correct. You aren't programming in JAVA. It's Javascript. Those are two completely different language.

This isn't a response to your question. But I would also like to correct. You aren't programming in JAVA. It's Javascript. Those are two completely different language.

Ok thanks Ill keep that in mind next time!

Hmm, doesnt look like Javascript either. Seems to be Unityscript which is also quite different to Java and Javascript ;)

If you want to lookup syntax examples using Google, then use Unityscript in the search term or you might get something that requires a very different compiler.

Edited by Karsten_