• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
lucky6969b

If I use editable poly instead of editable mesh in max, then export

This topic is 1835 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Can Direct3D render polys directly?

Can Panda Exporter, kwExporter handle editable polys and D3DXLoadMeshHierarchyFromX will handle it correctly?

Thanks

Jack

Edited by lucky6969b

Advertisement

Can Direct3D render polys directly?

No, only triangles.

There is a benefit only while modeling to have poly mesh.

Can Panda Exporter, kwExporter handle editable polys and D3DXLoadMeshHierarchyFromX will handle it correctly?

You have to experiment with export options to get it right for d3dx animation system.

Also be aware that bones that do not affect any vertices, but affect the bones chain, will not be "handled" by d3dx so animation will look weird .

I never use editable mesh, I always work with editable poly and never experienced any problems. Only keep mind that statistics shows around half of the actual polygons that will be exported and displayed by dx or ogl application. I only used kwExporter btw.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!