• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Mongol

Game SFX packs

This topic is 1737 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Greetings.

I am looking for some decent sound effects for a computer game. Most of the online free sfx websites I found offer some cheap amateur quality sound effects that I am not happy about. I'm primarily looking for high-tech sounds like computer beeps, futuristic weapons, machinery, magic, tech, lasers, spaceship weaponry, etc. Like somthing that you hear in today's popular RPG and/or shooter games like neverwinter nights / nwn2, doom 3, crysis, world of warcraft, XCOM, bioshock, starcraft, etc.

So I was wondering... Are there any popular high-quality (possibly non-free/commercial) sfx collections (*.wav packs) out there? Could you list a few for me?

Best regards!

Advertisement

Most of the online free sfx websites I found offer some cheap amateur quality sound effects that I am not happy about.

It's rare to find high quality, free stuff. Check this guy's stuff out - http://www.gamedev.net/topic/645677-affordable-sfx-libraries-new-libraries-available/

Lots of great options and nicely priced as well. There are many other options out there too - Sound Rangers and Sound Dogs offer an a la carte method and then Sound Ideas has many libraries but they can get expensive quickly. 

Could you possibly hire a sound design from this forum to work with you? I think that's the best option. 

Hope that helps, 

Nate

Edited by nsmadsen

There's Freesound.org as well, for CreativeCommons-licensed sounds. There's some very nice pieces in there, but you'll have to depend on your ear to see what's of a good quality and also fits your audio direction.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!