3D voxel painter - feedback appreciated

Started by
4 comments, last by Scouting Ninja 10 years, 8 months ago
I am currently working on an easy to use 3D paint program for creating voxel and polygon models. It is targeted for ppl that like to create 3D stuff without spending much time on learning maya/blender/etc.
Feedback is highly appreciated to make it as easy to use and powerful as possible.
The usage is as follows:
Left Mouse Button : Draw / Add Polygon Points Clockwise
Middle Mouse Button : Pan
Right Mouse Button : Rotate / Cancel Polygon
Mouse Wheel : Brush Z
You can fetch the latest version here:
Advertisement

I found it easy to understand hard to use.

To improve this tool, you could add sculpting tools like ZBrush.

More people would be interested if you allowed cube based voxels and a easy to understand exporter, allowing developers to merge a importer with their own voxel games.

Thank you for the feedback.

In ZBrush and Coat3D the start setting is that a basic 3D object is present where you can add volume to the surface using a brush.

In voxel master the same function to add volume is also present in the drop down menu of the brush tool - its called "grow".

Would it be easier to use if this is set as function for startup, together with a basic shape in the center?

>>More people would be interested if you allowed cube based voxels and a easy to understand exporter, allowing developers to merge a importer with their own voxel games.

Cube based voxels are already available.

You can click the "render smooth" checkbox to switch to cubic voxels.

The im- and exporter will be added in one of the next versions.

I found it easy to understand hard to use.

To improve this tool, you could add sculpting tools like ZBrush.

More people would be interested if you allowed cube based voxels and a easy to understand exporter, allowing developers to merge a importer with their own voxel games.

Could you add different starting sizes, so if I make a character I could work on the hand in a small file and import it to a larger file when done?

You have a load OBJ option, does this mean it will convert any polygon model to a voxel model?

>> Could you add different starting sizes, so if I make a character I could work on the hand in a small file and import it to a larger file when done?

I have added a menu to let you select the voxel space resolution, so you can create up to 1024^3 now. Also you now have a colorize function.
If you download the zip above, the new functions are built in
>> You have a load OBJ option, does this mean it will convert any polygon model to a voxel model?
Yes. Its not yet implemented, but will be supported soon

Great work, I will be following you progress.

Three small things:

A lock check box for resolution option, so that it sets the XYZ to the same value.

Shortcut keys for the size and intensity.

Tooltips when the mouse hovers over something.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement