• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Easy-to-use Version Control on Windows? Needs to be able to easily ignore certain files.

This topic is 1327 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Advertisement
Like many others said git or mercurial would be perfect. I myself prefer mercurial even though they are very similar and either will do. I like mercurial because of the sane cmd line interface and branch flexibility. For instance if I want a perm named branch I got it or temp through bookmarks. I even have the option for stacked patches. All of this follows a nice clean easy to remember interface.

I used SVN a lot (even home repositories for all kind of stuff) and was one of those "don't fix it if it isn't broken" guys towards version control, looking sceptically at this git-"hype". However one day I had to learn/use git because work demanded it. It easily outperforms SVN in every way and made all sourcecode managing a piece of cake. So if you're a die-hard SVN user you might consider trying git for your next project. (don't know about mercurial though, heard it's similar to git)

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement