• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Sik_the_hedgehog

Amusing glitch gallery

This topic is 1121 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Advertisement

I don't have a screenshot or video of this (and it's been fixed now), but I was working on a physics-based walk cycle for a 2D character a little while ago. Spamming the left and right buttons would cause you to lift off the ground and fly away...

Though this doesn't beat some bug I caused some time ago while rewriting some climbing enemy, basically I forgot a check and the enemy would literally hump the wall, suitable animation and all o_O I'm not sure I'm allowed to show that here without getting banned though XD

Assuming the enemy is clothed, or some kind of animal clothed by its fur/scales/whatever, I don't think anyone would have a problem with that. wink.png  But when in doubt, you can link to an image instead of pasting it right into the thread and mark the link "possibly NSFW" or otherwise explain why people may not want to click it.

Edited by sunandshadow

*recreates bug*

You all have been warned (NSFW?). Sorry for framerate, I wasn't going to pull off a 60FPS animated GIF. Amusing how the background loop is near perfect (should have waited a few more frames I guess?)

Also what the— it seems to have gotten worse since the last time o_O

that's totally safe for work mate...also, very funny.

Something that so happend to me today, playing around with some alpha blending settings:

z4m8isbn.jpg

7m5qfxx2.jpg

Not, I did not feed my PC acid, though it looks like it ;) This is the effect of a certain alpha blending setting, which should result in subtractive blending. Well, almost.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!