• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
lomateron

confused about mipmap levels

This topic is 1917 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I just want to create a texture that is 100x100

nothing else, I don't want mipmap levels

what values should this variables have:

D3DX10_IMAGE_LOAD_INFO pLInfo;

pLInfo.FirstMipLevel  = ?;
pLInfo.MipLevels        = ?;
Edited by lomateron

Advertisement

So from now on we all shall ask our question with our predicted answer included, if you don't do that you will me mistaken and will recive the hate and treat that a frigging retarded person will get:

I just want to create a texture that is 100x100

nothing else, I don't want mipmap levels

Are these the values that this variables should have?:

D3DX10_IMAGE_LOAD_INFO pLInfo;

pLInfo.FirstMipLevel  = 1;
pLInfo.MipLevels       = 1;
Edited by lomateron

FirstMipLevel

The highest resolution mipmap level of the texture. If this is greater than 0, then after the texture is loaded FirstMipLevel will be mapped to mipmap level 0.

Documenation is is not clear for me either. My guess is that you want to pass 0 here.

MipLevels

The maximum number of mipmap levels that the texture will have. Using 0 or D3DX10_DEFAULT will cause a full mipmap chain to be created.

You dont want any mip levels so i guess 1.

So from now on we all shall ask our question with our predicted answer included, if you don't do that you will me mistaken and will recive the hate and treat that a frigging retarded person will get:
Please don't be dramatic - I'm trying to help you, and I just didn't know what you have checked already.  I also don't know the answer to your question, but I think there are a couple ways you can proceed.  First, you can create the texture, then get its description to interrogate how many mip levels it has.  This will let you map from your function arguments to how many mip levels show up in the texture.  The other option is to create your texture, take a frame capture in PIX, and then inspect the texture object from PIX to see how many mip levels are there. 

I think either of these should help you move forward with your project.  Good luck!

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!