• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Philipp Brzosa

Dumping a DirectX Scene to Wavefront file

This topic is 1830 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello! I'am currently trying to dump the geometry from and DirectX Scene. For that i need to know some informations.

First of all i'am pretty new to rendering stuff. I'am a good reverser. And also programming c++ since 8 years. I know how to hook the device and get the Scene pointer. My question is about, where the vertex and tringels are stored and how you would dump it. Also i want to "blacklist" some models like npc's. Does anybody know a propper way to disable the drawing / exclude them? Thanks alot !

What i wanna do is writing a tool like: http://www.deep-shadows.com/hax/3DRipperDX.htm .

It would also be helpfull if anybody could tell me how to disable rendering of specific objects / object types

Edited by hamburger

Advertisement

Nope. If they inject their library between your app and D3D by writing a D3D forwarder library they own you.

I've read an article some time ago, implementing Direct3D for fun and profit. Keep in mind it's a bit old and more recent windows is a bit more careful about DLL linking.

If you want to dump the scene yourself I'd suggest to just write it out instead of doing that, but considering the work involved I'd rather go Collada. OBJ is inappropriate.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!