• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

are you overworked often ?

This topic is 1570 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

seem that my kind of 'overworkness' is somewhat uncommon - 

I am working at home now mostly and for myself - i worked on my own no deadlines or something but also  I developed a long time tiredness (that came from overconcentrating my mind) - to the degree that i began to get really sick of that  - now after some over 2 months of rest it still gets better so it helped (soon probably I will get back to work, hope the energy will let me do some amount of fresh working )

Advertisement
I spend 4 hours a day doing school, 6 hours a day doing research and helping people, 6 hours a day visiting with people, and 8 hours a day sleeping. These are conservative numbers. I am actually a bit more busy than this, especially on school.

I feel rather overworked. I spend 5 hours per day working, 1-2 hours driving, 3-4 hours in class, and 4-10 hours doing homework. I work seven days per week, but I'm thankful that I only have class for five. It isn't my job that stresses me, really; I'm mostly a web developer (I am programmer with a degree, but I need to pay the bills somehow where I live), and I work shorter hours due to class. However, the combination of everything takes a heavy toll on me. I often get up at 0700 for work, then go to work, then class, then work again until 1700, then sometimes I'm up until 0300 doing homework. A lot of the time spent on homework is being too stressed out to do my work, and being unable to act, so it takes me until really early in the morning to get it all done.

For me, the point of over-exertion is having no time to adequately recover. I'm most stressed out about the massive workload, and never having time to even watch a television show.

(On a side note, transferring between universities is rough. A lot of my core classes transferred as electives, so now, with almost all of my electives filled, I'm taking almost all core classes for my remaining semesters, which can be viewed as a form of suicide by some. This explains the high homework load and why it takes so long to complete it.)

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement