The Week of Awesome: Unofficial GDNet Competition

Started by
132 comments, last by Orymus3 9 years, 6 months ago
Note: for administration/organization/rules questions or information, see this thread. This thread here is for the actual submission of contest entries (and for non-administration/organization discussion).

The competition has officially begun! The competition is over!

The theme is:

What if the dinosaurs had never gone extinct?

Note: this is all I will say about the theme; I will leave it to you to creatively incorporate it into your game.

For rules and additional details, see the administration thread (and feel free to ask any questions). I'll repeat some notes here, though, for convenience:

To submit a game, just post it to this thread. Don't worry if you're not on the interested or team lists in the administration thread; anyone is welcome to post a game during the competition (posting a game in the thread is all you need to do to officially enter into the competition). I highly encourage participants to post their games here at least a few days before the competition ends and for GDNet users to download these games, test them out, and give feedback (especially if there are bugs or crashes). You can resubmit/update your game during the competition with updates/fixes/changes/whatever. Only your latest/most recent entry will be judged (but must be submitted before the competition ends). See the administration thread for a full list of rules.

Submissions (Google Drive folder):Please let me know if I messed anything up (forgot a team member, jacked up the files or a link, used an old version instead of a later version, etc.). I am hosting these on my Google Drive while judging is done. If this messes anything up for you, please let me know. When judging is over, I will change the links to point to your own site/download, if you would like me to (you'll have to PM me and let me know).
[size=2][ I was ninja'd 71 times before I stopped counting a long time ago ] [ f.k.a. MikeTacular ] [ My Blog ] [ SWFer: Gaplessly looped MP3s in your Flash games ]
Advertisement

To get this thingie here going, here's a first shot of my entry. Nothing ground breaking, my idea is that dinosaurs would probably have human herds. Your task is to protect and tend your herd smile.png

wip_shot1.png

Fruny: Ftagn! Ia! Ia! std::time_put_byname! Mglui naflftagn std::codecvt eY'ha-nthlei!,char,mbstate_t>

Ha nice, only 4.5 hours into the competition and you've already got a simple screenshot!

[size=2][ I was ninja'd 71 times before I stopped counting a long time ago ] [ f.k.a. MikeTacular ] [ My Blog ] [ SWFer: Gaplessly looped MP3s in your Flash games ]
Finally came up with an idea, might be a tad too grand in scope considering the time i'd realistically have to work on it with work. If their are any sprite artists looking to team up with someone, shoot me a pm(we did say it was alright to form teams during competition right?, on my phone so i can't read back over the other thread atm.)
Check out https://www.facebook.com/LiquidGames for some great games made by me on the Playstation Mobile market.

(we did say it was alright to form teams during competition right?, on my phone so i can't read back over the other thread atm.)

Absolutely. The only thing that's not allowed is for someone to switch teams (i.e. if they were previously on a team, they can't switch to a new one).

This is actually my second screenshot, first is on my journal.

image.png

I started from an empty Unity project.

edit: I have posted about the premise of my game on my journal.

I'm quite excited to see what will come out of this competition :D

Just starting to program - had some house errands to run earlier. Will upload some scans from the artist this evening, as well as screenshots once I get things appearing onscreen. This contest and theme is fun!

We're focusing on on Dilophosauri.

I got this idea, but I'm too unfamiliar with the Construct 2 environment.

Unity 3d may be a little overhead, but seems like a better choice now.

Hi there.

I would like to participate. Starting to code now.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement