The Week of Awesome: Unofficial GDNet Competition

Started by
132 comments, last by Orymus3 9 years, 6 months ago

any news about the results?

I'm planning on posting results this evening (about 10ish hours from now)

tmp

[size=2][ I was ninja'd 71 times before I stopped counting a long time ago ] [ f.k.a. MikeTacular ] [ My Blog ] [ SWFer: Gaplessly looped MP3s in your Flash games ]
Advertisement

I promised to write a post-mortem of my game. Although not yet published it sounds like Cornstalks has the final results so I now have no reservations about pointing out the (many) flaws of my game: http://www.gilldave.co.uk/2013/09/my-week-of-awesome-competition-entry-post-mortem/

any news about the results?

I'm planning on posting results this evening (about 10ish hours from now)

*twiddles thumbs, waiting patiently*

Check out https://www.facebook.com/LiquidGames for some great games made by me on the Playstation Mobile market.

Sorry it's taking me forever to post these results. I didn't get home until today, which threw off some of my plans, and I'm waiting for one small hiccup to get sorted out and then I'll post these results!

[size=2][ I was ninja'd 71 times before I stopped counting a long time ago ] [ f.k.a. MikeTacular ] [ My Blog ] [ SWFer: Gaplessly looped MP3s in your Flash games ]

I unfortunately don't have time to make a pretty, well formatted post with all the judging results (I'll do that this evening though, for sure), but I want to quickly take a minute to let the first and second place winners know who they are:

First place in the judging results was No Better than Dinosaurs. Congrats wolferaven, Ecker00, and Thortrillion!

Second place in the judging results was Human Roundup. Congrats Endurion!

A huge thanks to everyone who participated and the judges!!!

I enjoyed both of those games - Congratulations to Endurion, Ecker00, wolferaven & Thortrillion!

The screams from the people in Human Roundup were very memorable and funny and the quality of the polish on No Better than Dinosaurs is quite frankly staggering!

Well done all! smile.png

Well done all, guys and gals!

Fruny: Ftagn! Ia! Ia! std::time_put_byname! Mglui naflftagn std::codecvt eY'ha-nthlei!,char,mbstate_t>

Thank you so much!

Really good effort by everyone including the judges and contestants. It has been such an experience for us and a lot of fun to take part in this contest so thanks :)

Thanks dmatter for the kind words! We worked till the very last minute to polish it.

Human Roundup was good fun! Well done to Endurion :)

Snuti Games on the web: Website - Facebook - Twitter - Blog
Congrats all!

Sorry I've taken extra long in getting these results posted. I really do apologize. Anyway, here are the total scores for the submissions:

No Better than Dinosaurs: 96.00
Human Roundup: 89.50
Granny vs Zombie Dinosaurs: 82.75
Raptor Ace: 81.00
Get to Work!: 79.33
Rex and the City: 78.33
Dinorace: 70.67
Dino Road Trip: 70.33
Dino Flight: 70.00
Dilophosaurus Decision: 69.00
Hobos of Pangea: 69.00
Dinosaurs Only Live Once: 68.33
Dino Tamer: 67.33
Big Game Hunt: 65.88
The Legend of Raptor: 57.00
DNA Labs: (Unfortunately I was the only one who could get the game to successfully run; I gave it 68)
A HUGE congratulations to everyone who submitted a game. A game in 7 days is no small task! I want to thank everyone who participated (even if you didn't submit a game and only participated in a social way), the judges (Gaiiden, jbadams, and Alpha_ProgDes), GameDev.net for all your support, jbadams for the Spriter prizes, and everyone else who I should be thanking but am forgetting at this moment. This was fun for me, and I hope it was fun for you! Also, thanks for being patient with me (and my occasional delays).
GDNet is rewarding all those who submitted a game with some participation rep points. I gave them this list of participants (who have GDNet accounts); if I missed anyone who should be on here please let me know! The list:

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement