We have chat!

Started by
20 comments, last by tstrimp 10 years, 7 months ago

We have chat. Its wonderful :')

EDIT: And I'm the only one online but it doesn't matter, had chat.

"I AM ZE EMPRAH OPENGL 3.3 THE CORE, I DEMAND FROM THEE ZE SHADERZ AND MATRIXEZ"

My journals: dustArtemis ECS framework and Making a Terrain Generator

Advertisement
There has been an unofficial chat channel in IRC for over a decade. It is #gamedev on AfterNet. The site even has a little web client that connects to it at http://www.gamedev.net/page/community/chat/index.html

I guess we'll see how the new one turns out. I doubt it will replace the IRC room any time soon.

Sceptic frob is sceptic :D

"I AM ZE EMPRAH OPENGL 3.3 THE CORE, I DEMAND FROM THEE ZE SHADERZ AND MATRIXEZ"

So many folks online - every one of them AFK

I cannot remember the books I've read any more than the meals I have eaten; even so, they have made me.

~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Chat????

Is it 1996 again?

I wonder when browsers became capable enough to work with embedded chat windows in web pages...

I wonder when browsers became capable enough to work with embedded chat windows in web pages...

Since before 2006. The ChatZilla firefox plugin that let you do IRC in a window was released in March of that year.

In 2009, Firefox chose Mibbit to be their built-in chat handler, and that was first released in 2007.

Since before 2006. The ChatZilla firefox plugin that let you do IRC in a window was released in March of that year.

In 2009, Firefox chose Mibbit to be their built-in chat handler, and that was first released in 2007.

I'm pretty sure it was long before that if we're including things that made use of Java applets or other common (at the time) plugins.

-~-The Cow of Darkness-~-

There has been an unofficial chat channel in IRC for over a decade. It is #gamedev on AfterNet. The site even has a little web client that connects to it at http://www.gamedev.net/page/community/chat/index.html

I guess we'll see how the new one turns out. I doubt it will replace the IRC room any time soon.

My project for the day was to lurk in that chat channel all day under various pseudonyms for evaluation purposes. The conclusion I have come to is that it is really not about game development at all.

My project for the day was to lurk in that chat channel all day under various pseudonyms for evaluation purposes. The conclusion I have come to is that it is really not about game development at all.

It's about whatever the participants want it to be about. Anybody is welcome to ask game development questions at any point in time.

SlimDX | Ventspace Blog | Twitter | Diverse teams make better games. I am currently hiring capable C++ engine developers in Baltimore, MD.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement