Steve Ballmer leaves Microsoft

Started by
83 comments, last by Dwarf King 10 years, 7 months ago

So it's official,sometime in the next 12 months Steve Ballmer will leave.A committee of people that includes both Gates and Ballmer will chose the new CEO.

What do you think about this? Personally,I think Ballmer's leadership was a failure,the microsoft surface was a failure,windows phone 8 was a failure,and Windows 8,even if it doesn't have bugs,it wasn't received very well by the public.

Not to mention the recent (almost) fiasco with the new xbox.I can't wait to see who they will chose.

Advertisement
The fact that Microsoft's share price went up by nearly 9% on the announcement is very telling.

Yea...at least he knows when it's time to go...

I can haz link plz?

Nevermind, googled it: Chicago Tribune, Forbes

Meh, I don't necessarily think anyone else would have done much better (aside from the direction they took with Windows 8, that is). Windows phone was actually the best mobile device OS they've ever produced - of course that still doesn't mean it can compete with Android.

Microsoft and Sony both operate on the same flawed philosophy. They insist on trying to shape the industry and force it in a direction that best serves their own interests, rather than taking its pulse and producing products that people want.

I think it's safe to say we can blame Ballmer for that,the CEO is the one that takes the final decisions.

And no one cares if you produce a phone that costs $100 and runs Battlefield 4,if there are no apps for it,no one will buy it.

I think it's safe to say we can blame Ballmer for that,the CEO is the one that takes the final decisions.

And no one cares if you produce a phone that costs $100 and runs Battlefield 4,if there are no apps for it,no one will buy it.

There are apps for it now. And it is by far the easiest mobile platform to develop for. Way too late to market however.

Good riddance. You could always either love or hate Microsoft and their products, but it was only after Ballmer took over that they started more and more to sell complete, utter shit. In particular, releasing alpha grade software as "final" product, such as has happened with Vista and Windows 8.

Of course you don't know who comes next, but now there's hope... it can only get better.

Meh, I don't necessarily think anyone else would have done much better (aside from the direction they took with Windows 8, that is).

I would advice them to rewrite windows into realtime os

and quit .net and com and stay low level (I know that

maybe it is controversial ; )

The fact that Microsoft's share price went up by nearly 9% on the announcement is very telling.

"buy on the rumor, sell on the news."

this is just folks late to the party. profits on this move have already been taken, or will soon be taken, now that the price has risen.

Norm Barrows

Rockland Software Productions

"Building PC games since 1989"

rocklandsoftware.net

PLAY CAVEMAN NOW!

http://rocklandsoftware.net/beta.php

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement