• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

dealing with error C2471 (cannot update database vs90.pdb)

This topic is 1646 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Ok, this is making me mad, I have an 18 project solution that I've worked on for months and now I get this lovely message: 

1>.\IIOUtility.cpp : error C2471: cannot update program database 'c:\rosario\lucifir\documents\visual studio 2008\projects\irrengine\irrengine\release\vc90.pdb'

plus ab out 4000+ errors (OK, not really 4000+ but you get the idea.) I've tried to look on google for an answer but those were from like five years ago when visual studio 2008 had just come out. I decided to restart this project over again, but of course there's problems, so rather then spend another few months writing this again, I'd rather fix this one I have and get on with it. I don't know what the heck to do.

Advertisement

All this error means is that some other process still has a handle on that file and VS can't do a recreate or append action on it. As Paradigm suggest rebuild usually fixes this, if not close VS and delete that particular file.

Well, this is ticking me off.....I deleted all files and still nothing....*sigh* I'll keep trying.

I forgot to mention that those errors (the vs90.pdb) also gives a ton of these, so I think they are related.

2>c:\rosario\lucifir\documents\visual studio 2008\projects\irrengine\igdirenderer\igdirenderwindow.cpp(100) : error C2440: '=' : cannot convert from 'unsigned long' to 'Discord::IrrGraphics::DWORD'
2>        Conversion to enumeration type requires an explicit cast (static_cast, C-style cast or function-style cast)
2>c:\rosario\lucifir\documents\visual studio 2008\projects\irrengine\igdirenderer\igdirenderwindow.cpp(101) : error C2440: '=' : cannot convert from 'long' to 'Discord::IrrGraphics::DWORD'
2>        Conversion to enumeration type requires an explicit cast (static_cast, C-style cast or function-style cast)
2>c:\rosario\lucifir\documents\visual studio 2008\projects\irrengine\igdirenderer\igdirenderwindow.cpp(106) : error C2440: '=' : cannot convert from 'long' to 'Discord::IrrGraphics::DWORD'
2>c:\rosario\lucifir\documents\visual studio 2008\projects\irrengine\igdirenderer\igdirenderwindow.cpp(107) : error C2440: '=' : cannot convert from 'long' to 'Discord::IrrGraphics::DWORD'

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement