Sign in to follow this  
Enerjak

dealing with error C2471 (cannot update database vs90.pdb)

Ok, this is making me mad, I have an 18 project solution that I've worked on for months and now I get this lovely message: 

1>.\IIOUtility.cpp : error C2471: cannot update program database 'c:\rosario\lucifir\documents\visual studio 2008\projects\irrengine\irrengine\release\vc90.pdb'

plus ab out 4000+ errors (OK, not really 4000+ but you get the idea.) I've tried to look on google for an answer but those were from like five years ago when visual studio 2008 had just come out. I decided to restart this project over again, but of course there's problems, so rather then spend another few months writing this again, I'd rather fix this one I have and get on with it. I don't know what the heck to do.

I forgot to mention that those errors (the vs90.pdb) also gives a ton of these, so I think they are related.

2>c:\rosario\lucifir\documents\visual studio 2008\projects\irrengine\igdirenderer\igdirenderwindow.cpp(100) : error C2440: '=' : cannot convert from 'unsigned long' to 'Discord::IrrGraphics::DWORD'
2>        Conversion to enumeration type requires an explicit cast (static_cast, C-style cast or function-style cast)
2>c:\rosario\lucifir\documents\visual studio 2008\projects\irrengine\igdirenderer\igdirenderwindow.cpp(101) : error C2440: '=' : cannot convert from 'long' to 'Discord::IrrGraphics::DWORD'
2>        Conversion to enumeration type requires an explicit cast (static_cast, C-style cast or function-style cast)
2>c:\rosario\lucifir\documents\visual studio 2008\projects\irrengine\igdirenderer\igdirenderwindow.cpp(106) : error C2440: '=' : cannot convert from 'long' to 'Discord::IrrGraphics::DWORD'
2>c:\rosario\lucifir\documents\visual studio 2008\projects\irrengine\igdirenderer\igdirenderwindow.cpp(107) : error C2440: '=' : cannot convert from 'long' to 'Discord::IrrGraphics::DWORD'