Back to old IOTD?

Started by
1 comment, last by jbadams 10 years, 7 months ago

Maybe it's just me, but I don't like the "new" IOTD.

It seems to me that there are way to many screenshot posted, so many that I don't bother to look at any of them, except for the last one.

I see the screenshot on the homepage, click on it, take a short look and then I switch to another section of the site.

When IOTD was a real IOTD (and not a showcase), a screenshot usually would last for at least 3 or 4 day, so that people had the time to look and eventually comment.

To me, comments were a big part of IOTD that now I'm missing.

Also I could come back to this site 2 or 3 times in a day and be able to remember if that IOTD was a a new one (for me) or an old one that I already checked.

Anyway, this is not that important, after all it was just an IOTD, but I miss the "old" style

Advertisement

Well IOTD = Image of the Day

It's supposed to change daily.. it just didn't because we didn't have people contributing daily screenshots. Right now we are going to be adding a brand new section for Indie Projects and Games where all your screenshots will also be entered into the screenshot showdown. The point of IOTD is to provide exposure to cool Indie projects.. the Showdown just helps the community bubble the prettiest looking ones to the top.

I agree though that comments are important and is something we hopefully can improve on.

I think the biggest barrier to commenting was the lack of notifications in the previous system; it's unlikely a proper conversation will start up when you have to manually check the pages to know about new responses. Perhaps that's something we can address as the new system progresses.

- Jason Astle-Adams

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement