Lilian's Castle, 3D adventure/plate-forme, OpenGL C++

Started by
1 comment, last by marshiell1 10 years, 6 months ago

Hello everyone!

This is my first post in this forum, so I'll shortly introduce myself.

I am Marshiell, I currently study in Berlin and I love programming 3D games. I'm doing it for almost 5 years, I started by learning C++ on a french website and I instantly loved it! You can check out my previous projects on my website: www.linkocraft.com

Lilian's Castle

So if i'm posting today, it's to introduce you to the beta version of my newest project. I started it in april 2012, motivated to solve a collision problem that I had back then because I always want to program the engine myself. I'm using OpenGL in C++ with CodeBlocks.

Genesis

Lilian's Castle is a 3D adventure / plateforme game playable in two different mods. The main mode, Adventure, has a global objective similar to Mario 64 or Banjo-Kazooie: You can access several worlds in which you'll venture, beat ennemies, solve puzzles and collect bonuses that are needed for the adventure's progress.

There is also a secondary mode called Challenges in which you run through different levels at the end of which you get a score based on the time you took to complete it and what bonuses you collected. That way you can compare your skill with other players smile.png

Screenshots

Here a few screenshots of the latest version:

lc2.jpg

lc3.jpg

Download

You can download the latest version of the Lilian's Castle here (.zip)

You need Windows to run it.

Thank you for reading!

Advertisement

Hey!

lately I spent some time on working on the sockets and threads and I finaly managed to stabilize an online multiplayer mode with UDP. It is now possible to play maps, like 1v1 arenas, cooperative maps or even the campaign as 2 !

Forwarding a port will be needed to be able to host a game.

Here a picture of the throne-room map I'm working on with my editor:
throne.jpg

A scene in this map will be played in the game's intro, that way I can explain the scenario a bit more

I'll keep you up-to-date!

Hey!
I found some time to upload a new version smile.png
For the adventure mode, I fixed like 500 bugs for approximately 43hours and I added a scene for the introduction. I added an activable object, the well, that requires golden drops to open the access to a world. Screen:
well.jpg
But most importantly I managed to make an almost stable version for the multiplayer mode; you can play as 2 and the host must forward a port. For now 2 maps are playable, a short cooperative map (coop_factory) in a different environment:
coop_factory.jpg
And a 1v1 arena map (deathmatch_arena), not that interesting I think because I didn't work a lot on the combat system yet.
deathmatch_arena.jpg
Tell me what you think, so I know if I should continue with multiplayer mode or not smile.png

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement