My Games Design Portfolio

Started by
2 comments, last by Tom Sloper 10 years, 7 months ago

Hi I this is my first topic thread. Hi I recently created a Games Design Portfolio showing my work from university. Here is the link http://tegaenajekpo.wordpress.com/. I want to get some constructive feedback on what are the good parts of the portfolio and what needs improvement. Thanks smile.png

Advertisement

Your portfolio needs a bit of a face lifting and work. As a school project it might have been okay, but if you wish for it to represent you, you should consider something more than a basic template layout and functions :3

The Home and About pages are redundant, they each only have 1 sentence and are a waste of link/space. Glue them together, add a handsome picture of you and write something about yourself! Show your passion for game design, your spirit, the reason why people should continue looking through the site!

Same for your CV. Why would you put a block about using the Office packet and Internet before ActionScript, UDK, CSS and other things? Knowing how to use the internet isn't a skill worth even listing, while the list you have BELOW that is gold.

The flash game project needs a link to the actual game - screenshots don't look so hot :V

The presentation had like 1-2 pages about the game itself, and the rest was about Buffy. It felt more like a presentation of the series rather than the game - not something you'd want to send to the IP holders for them to approve

The game proposal document does not adress how you will obtain permission to use a copyrighted character for a video game - this can be a big issue to some developers. Unless this is a document you'd want to send to the IP holders, in which case disregard this point.

Sorry for not having the time to read the articles you had there, but the gmae document for the Time Keeper looked solid, something you could actually show more of on the page (notice how I had to go through a lot of pages before getting to the good bits).

In general, I'd switch around the page a bit and think about the composition - you need a quick jab at the viewer's attention to keep him on your homepage, then present to him what you want him to see.

Disclaimer: Each my post is intended as an attempt of helping and/or brining some meaningfull insight to the topic at hand. Due to my nature, my good intentions will not always be plainly visible. I apologise in advance and assure I mean no harm and do not intend to insult anyone, unless stated otherwise

Homepage (Under Construction)

Check my profile for funny D&D/WH FRP quotes :)

Games Design Portfolio showing my work from university

School projects do not make a good-enough portfolio. You need to show that you can go beyond school projects. While you were building those school projects, you were learning how to do the stuff demonstrated by your projects. Now it's time you apply that learning. Read http://www.igda.org/games-game-may-2012

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

Locking, now that the OP has cross-posted in another forum. Please don't cross-post.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement