[Book] SFML Game Development

Started by
-1 comments, last by DevilWithin 10 years, 7 months ago

Hello everyone!

I always feel a little bad with self-advertising, however, now I decided to post about the book I wrote along with another two good friends since the feedback has been good and we're hoping the book can still help more people!

Anyway, together with Packt Publishing, me, Jan and Henrik authored the first unofficial book about game development using SFML, which you probably already heard of or used. If not, SFML is a fantastic c++ library for multimedia purposes, which is continuously being improved and growing within the community. Laurent Gomila, the creator, even supported the book's development and wrote its preface!

In this book we focus on building a game from scratch leveraging SFML's features to do so. In the process, we try to teach as much as we possibly can, from data structures to graphic effects and networking, while sticking with a modern c++11 code style, along with the most recent versions of SFML.

You can get the book directly from Packt:

http://www.packtpub.com/sfml-game-development/book

There is more information about the book in the website, but still, in case you need further explanations, feel free to ask me in here.

Thanks for this minute of your attention, hope you enjoy our work! :)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement