• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
gchris6810

How do you flip an MD5 model made in Blender 3D?

This topic is 2145 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi,

I'm using DirectX 11 to render an MD5 model and the rendered image is always completely inverted. How do I make it appear the right way? Also, is there a way that I could change the export script to export the model without need for any culling or operations to invert the model. Thanks.

Advertisement

You can change the cull mode to flip the model.

On export you would need to convert from right handed to left handed coordinate system (or vice versa), which will involve negating one of the coordinates (and maybe swapping another pair of coordinates as well). You can do that either with a matrix multiplication or by negating (and swapping if required) coordinates.

Thanks for the reply. Although changing the cull mode doesn't flip the model the way I would like it, I am happy just to invert the coordinates at run time as I am using MD5 as an interchange format and converting it to my own engine data.

You probably need to negate the normals as well then if you change the cull mode?

The best time to change the data is at export time rather than load time (presumably that's what you mean by runtime, I hope you aren't adjusting the coordinates every frame anyway).

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!