• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
matheusbn

[WIP] Super Mario Kart Clone - Mode 7

This topic is 2142 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi all,

I’m working in a port of the Mode 7 engine for HTML5, then I would like share it and to know what you think. (As you will see I'm still working on it).

I'd like to know the performance too, since in my machine I can run it with 200% of zoom without any slowdown.

As I was concerned about the render system, the collision detection is not fully implemented yet, it just check the limits where the player can go.

Link: http://mazeware.com/games/html5/m7/supercanvaskart.html

Tested on: Chrome and FireFox.

Menu:

fjuv.png

New Level:

v0zj.png

Thanks.

Advertisement

I just tried it on my machine. It mostly runs fine in Firefox, with sporadic choppiness, accompanied by a large CPU spike and possibly a small RAM drop (on the order of 1MB). Chrome has no such problem with only a small frame rate drop when I zoom in. Finally, Internet Explorer works exactly like you would expect -- the music doesn't play at all, and the game runs at a smooth 5 FPS.

Works well enough for me in Chrome. I'm curious how you're doing the graphics. Is it WebGL on canvas, or are you doing something like a floor-caster in javascript?

I just tried it on my machine. It mostly runs fine in Firefox, with sporadic choppiness, accompanied by a large CPU spike and possibly a small RAM drop (on the order of 1MB). Chrome has no such problem with only a small frame rate drop when I zoom in. Finally, Internet Explorer works exactly like you would expect -- the music doesn't play at all, and the game runs at a smooth 5 FPS.

Thanks for playing! A couple of minutes ago I made a few tuning. Unfortunately it's too much to do but so little time to work on it. But I think it is a little more fast now. 

Well I'm surprise to hear that it worked on IE. Last time a friend said it didn't work. Anyway thanks for testing.

In my computer I can play with Chrome using 200% of Zoom without any slowdown. It's a Dell laptop Intel C2D 7200 with Intel graphics 3000. (Around 10 tabs opened). 

The CPU will be stressed since I'm using canvas. :)

Works well enough for me in Chrome. I'm curious how you're doing the graphics. Is it WebGL on canvas, or are you doing something like a floor-caster in javascript?

Thanks for testing too. Yes I'm using canvas, I'm just drawing a normal background on the horizontal way with depth perspective.

Thanks guys,

Matheus.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!