• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
noatom

AI engine?

This topic is 2141 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

So,is there any ai engine that you can use for free? I'd like to use one in a 3d game engine.I tried searching on google,but i can't really find anything free.

Advertisement

I'm not sure what sort of ai you are interested in, but I'm nearly finished a path finding lib for 3d.It's for OE2 but because the path finding isn't engine specific I'm making that lib available free. it should be out in 2 weeks as I'm spread over a few projects right now. While not a full ai solution it is at least one part of the puzzle you might be able to use.

you can see the current progress here.

AI is a very game specific topic, in most cases it isn't really feasible to create a library that acts as an ai layer, it's too abstract for interfacing with gameplay.

There are a few AI libraries out there but they are mainly focused around state machine based decision making and pathfinding, basically designed for what the general equivalent of roaming enemy in a 2d or 3d game might be. Of course you could probably tweak enough to get more specific behavior but it's kind of like using a full on physics library just to simulate basic physics behavior.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!