• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Quintrix

Dragon Basher - official press release

This topic is 2145 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

http://dragonbasher.com/pages/dragon-basher/

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

September 6th, 2013

Dragon Basher

Quintrix and Crew Software is announcing their plans to launch a new MMORPG based
on their popular "Queville" game engine. The brower-based AJAX game engine is based
on the work of Fordana - the very first multi-player AJAX game ever created - and has
been in development for over 10 years and been played by over 300,000 web surfers.

Dragon Basher will take place in a fantasy world with cities, dungeons, sewers,
mountains, forests, and lava pits. Players will be able to hunt and cook food, mine and
smith weapons, and a variety of other RPG skill sets including player-vs-player combat.
The browser-based client will have support for multiple servers, hosting at least 1,000
players each. It will be "free-to-play" supported by advertisements, and also feature
"pay-to-play" benefits.

Much of the ground work has already been programmed and beta-tested at queville.com;
the biggest addition to Dragon Basher will be a new front-end based on a new script
Quintrix and Crew plans to release as an open-source "content management system"
being called "Perl Pages". Perl Pages is designed to make web design as easy at posting
messages on your favorite forum.

"I've spent a decade of my life working on this project, and I am beginning to see
rewards for my labor. The future of Dragon Basher is very exciting to think about" says
Joe about his hobby project. He hopes that one day he will be able to turn Dragon
Basher into a full-time job capable of paying his bills. 

Dragon Basher will bring an already established player base from Queville, who are
enthusiastically waiting for their favorite game to become a big web hit. Players on their
forums regularly make requests for more players.

"Our current system was designed over 10 years ago, and doesn't meet today's search
engine standards. With Perl Pages, I intend to fix that problem" Joe says. "With Perl
Pages, every page created will be optimized for today's search engines. Plus, the open
source nature of the project will increase our overall Page Rank value".

Dragon Basher will go online sometime next year. In the meantime, people can create an
account on queville.com and begin playing the game today, as the Queville player
database will be imported into Dragon Basher. 

# # #

Edited by Quintrix

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!