Best free Unity3D modelling software?

Started by
13 comments, last by Serapth 10 years, 7 months ago
company that decided to share part of their software for free and allowed people to commercialize their creations as "greedy".

It is hardly free. Even the "free" version needs to be activated online with their servers. Think of it more as an unspecified time limited demo.

Again they only release this version in the hope that it (for some god forsaken reason) would get into education syllabuses or university where they can trap potential game developers within their mitts forever. Luckily they are currently failing to achieve this ;)

http://tinyurl.com/shewonyay - Thanks so much for those who voted on my GF's Competition Cosplay Entry for Cosplayzine. She won! I owe you all beers :)

Mutiny - Open-source C++ Unity re-implementation.
Defile of Eden 2 - FreeBSD and OpenBSD binaries of our latest game.
Advertisement

company that decided to share part of their software for free and allowed people to commercialize their creations as "greedy".

It is hardly free. Even the "free" version needs to be activated online with their servers. Think of it more as an unspecified time limited demo.

Again they only release this version in the hope that it (for some god forsaken reason) would get into education syllabuses or university where they can trap potential game developers within their mitts forever. Luckily they are currently failing to achieve this ;)

You are quite literally the only person EVER that I have seen with this attitude towards Unity.

People used to say the same thing to me when they heard I dislike Adobe Flash. They then moved over to Unity but my view has remained. I really dislike these kind of "all encompassing development tools".

I am certainly not alone with my distaste of Unity. Though admittedly perhaps I am the minority on the gamedev.net (beginner/indie) forums though ;)

http://tinyurl.com/shewonyay - Thanks so much for those who voted on my GF's Competition Cosplay Entry for Cosplayzine. She won! I owe you all beers :)

Mutiny - Open-source C++ Unity re-implementation.
Defile of Eden 2 - FreeBSD and OpenBSD binaries of our latest game.

I also can't use Blender, because I have an Intel HD Graphics Family video card in a HP laptop, so I can't update its drivers from Intel's site, and the most recent HP driver of the video card dates back to October 2011.

If you can't use blender, how are you using 3ds max?

... Weird, I swear I had another post in this thread that seems to have disappeared.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement