nehe Lesson 1 trouble in Visual Studio wglCreateContext throws access violation exception

Started by
1 comment, last by Petrov_VA 10 years, 7 months ago

When I downloaded, and upgraded the visual C++ sample code for visual studio 2012, I can build but I'm getting an access violation exception on wglCreateContext.

http://nehe.gamedev.net/tutorial/creating_an_opengl_window_(win32)/13001/

I've googled around this method call and seen references to it being "dodgy" on some machines - which sounds crazy for something as established as OpenGL. I'm on Windows 8.

I think it might be to do with getting exactly the right OpenGl libraries installed maybe the defaults with VS aren't right?

Can anyone help - I'm losing my hair over this and it's the first OpenGl code I've tried to compile on this machine - feels like it should be easy.

Thanks,

Tom

Advertisement

In Russian NeHe's site LessonsCode_2010.7z . In directory GLSummaryCode project GLSummary.sln,in directory LessonsGLCode all the projects adopted to MS VS 2010(easily jump to MS VS 2012). Also there are three articles in Russian using NeHe's OpenGL lessons in MFC about. If anybody interested in I'll provide English version of articles above.

Best Regards,

Vladimir Petrov.

In Russian NeHe's site LessonsCode_2010.7z . In directory GLSummaryCode project GLSummary.sln,in directory LessonsGLCode all the projects adopted to MS VS 2010(easily jump to MS VS 2012). Also there are three articles in Russian using NeHe's OpenGL lessons in MFC about. If anybody interested in I'll provide English version of articles above.

Best Regards,

Vladimir Petrov.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement