Power Up Table Tennis Contest

Started by
67 comments, last by Melkon 10 years, 5 months ago

I'm in too, also new member, team up with Phz and MAND4 :)

Advertisement
I'm in.

I would like to participate as well

Since the contest has started, please see the Updates thread. Thank you.

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

I'll try and botch something together for this. Haven't done any programming in a good few months. I'll be using SDL 2 and C++, hopefully I can find the time to make something.

I'm gonna get started on a pc/android game for this competition tonight! This month will be perfect cause I have plenty of free time.

Do any artists who want to win or at least make a genuinely good game want to team up? I already have an idea of what I am going to program for the competition, and I'm going to stick with it because I plan on turning it into an app that I can release on google play after the competition is over and I'm allowed to break the rules. That being said I would still be open to and appreciative of extra ideas and input for the game from the artist if they were willing to join me. Also, we can split up any money the app makes on google play afterwords(i doubt it'll be much, I do plan on going all out and taking this far beyond just pong, but from what I hear the app market isn't such a gold rush anymore unless you are established already)

Based on the rules in the original post, I wanted to ask if a winning game should focus on being as good a game as possible while staying within the rules, or if the winning formula is to just implement all the options and bonus options as strictly as possible, therefore yielding the most points? I already know what game I'm gonna make for the most part, I'm just asking because in my interpretation of the post good design/gameplay/fun didn't seem like the goal of the contest(which is perfectly okay to have a different goal than that, just sucks for me cause I am gonna use this as a way to practice my design skills on a game that's easy to make from a technical pov).

Anyway, please message me if you are an artist, usually I'm very casual about these kind of things but this contest game me an idea that I'm excited about, so I'm only looking for other people who are serious about making this game. The graphics theme will probably be a dark background with glowing/radiant paddes and balls and powerups and whatnot of all different colors(color will be a core part of the mechanics).

Inbox me here if you wanna talk about working together! I'm really easy to work with even when I'm in serious mode, honestly :)

Just confirming that I'm in this.

I had started learing another programming language and thought it would be nice to have some goal in mind for the next thing I'm programming in it. I began programming a pong game 2 days ago that I could throw into the contest, but I'm worried if people would mind doing a complicated install process.

That would be including download+install of the language interpreter and development kit, typing things into a console/terminal window, maybe adding something to the PATH. Also there are 2 library-dependencies that are needed, which I already compiled and packaged from the github repositories to make it easier, because there were no compatible binary packages available already (but if some people are unlucky and they are not compatible for their OS or installed interpreter version they would even have to install and use git and cmake and make these themself).

The game itself would be only needing to make a new directory folder, unzip and click to start, if all those other things were already there.

Just make sure that the instructions are crystal clear and they work. I'd rather not have you get 0 because of a faulty install.

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

I have uni stuff to do, I got to this topic late, but screw it, I'm in.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement