Power Up Table Tennis Contest

Started by
67 comments, last by Melkon 10 years, 5 months ago

I'm officially joining.

Great contest idea to motivate beginner/intermediate developers to make a full and complete game with a reasonable scope, just what I needed.

Advertisement

I don't know if i will have enough time for this because of my upcoming exams but count me in. I'll give it a try.

EDIT: Also, if anyone would like to team up feel free to write me a message.

EDIT2: Is this supposed to be multiplayer or vs. AI?

"Errare humanum est, sed in errare perseverare diabolicum."

This looks like something I can handle. Are we restricted to just two paddles hitting back and forth or can we do some breakout bricks?

Hey, if not too late - I would like to join!

AI but you can added a second player.

The game must be Pong. However you can add other things, just make sure you meet the mandatory criteria.

Yes, you may join!

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

Just to be sure, I assume start screen is the main menu and not a countdown before gamestart or an intro screen?

Just to be sure, I assume start screen is the main menu and not a countdown before gamestart or an intro screen?

Correct.

Important question, will you all judges work as testers and tell us what we need to fix (the errors or bugs, not the solution to those errors, just to clarify), or are we on our own to check all that out? I ask because I only have one system. I don't know your resolutions, whether you have wide or standard-screens, so forth.

Testing is the responsibility of the programmers. If there some things, you are concerned about, then note them in a README so the judges are aware of it.

However, I would use this thread to ask any questions you may have.

I am in.

This looks like a really cool contest, and I want to make sure my team is registered.

Our version, called StickBall, is being written in Ruby using the Gosu gem. I will post a question in the PUTT Technical Questions Thread to make sure that we have it all configured correctly for install prior to the entry deadline.

We have assembled a two-man team for this competition. The other team member is Aerotune.

EDIT: the third team position has been filled.

We've gotten a late start, but the game is now to a point where it almost meets the basic competition requirements.

We're still looking for a third team member, in case anyone is interested in joining a team and working in Ruby.

EDIT: moved screenshot to other thread.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement