• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Jobs in Seattle for a Cartoony Animator?

This topic is 1584 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey everyone,

I'm a 3d animator looking for a job in the Seattle area.  My style and taste is more cartoony, and this is reflected in my demo reel.  How realistic is it that I could find a job animating on cartoony games in the Seattle area?  Do any studios in the area make games of that sort?  Some larger ones seem to do work of this sort, but is it realistic to think that there would be enough ongoing work in this style?  Any thoughts and/or help would be very much appreciated!

Thanks!

Advertisement

1. How realistic is it that I could find a job animating on cartoony games in the Seattle area?

2. Do any studios in the area make games of that sort?

3. is it realistic to think that there would be enough ongoing work in this style?

1. It's not UNrealistic.

2. You need to do research.  "Research" does not mean "asking folks on a forum."  It means using gamedevmap and gameindustrymap, then googling each company in your area, and reading their websites and looking up their games.

3. It's not UNrealistic.

Thanks for the reply Tom!  I have researched all of the companies on gamedevmap and gameindustrymap recently and found that a number of companies in the area have made cartoonie games in the past.  What I have been unsure about is whether (based upon that fact) they make games of this sort on an ongoing basis.  It sounds to me like you think it is possible that they do.  Is that right?  Thanks again for your help!

What I have been unsure about is whether (based upon that fact) they make games of this sort on an ongoing basis. It sounds to me like you think it is possible that they do. Is that right?

I have no idea. You need to do more research.  "Research" does not mean "asking folks on a forum."

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement