• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
phil67rpg

adventure dungeon game

This topic is 2088 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

here is a little adventure game I have made. it is not perfect. I made this game because I wanted to get better at c++. let me know what  you think.[attachment=17930:adventure.zip]

Advertisement

When I went to the M and I pressed f after I killed the orc he comes back and I have to fight him again. I think this is a bug. also, I went to the other M and it there was an orc there and then he dissapeared.

I like it. I have a few small issues.

1. I get the same bug as mentioned, the Orc keeps fighting me even if I kill him.
  2. The second 'M' just says I found an Orc, but I never fight him
  3. Include your source code, as it is a much better way of telling you how to improve directly.

Regards,

Stitchs.

well this is probably crappy code but it does work. there is always room for improvement. here is my source code

[attachment=17941:adventure (2).zip]

I also noticed the map doesn't get shown after you defeat the bottom monster(orc), and that you will still find orcs at their locations even after they aren't shown on the map, and even though you can't fight them anymore.

This is nice little game, I guess I should follow your example and keep it simple as I'm learning c++. I realize I was overcomplicating my ideas on what to do while learning and it was being sort of an obstacle, I think it's better to do it simpler and expand from there...

Oh and one thing I might do if I was making a game like this one (you may have already thought about it) would be to clear the screen before updating the map with the new player position.

Edited by Master thief

I've looked at your source code... I think you should pay more attention to code formatting, like consistent indentation and more empty lines.

Well, I just looked over your code and here are a few comments:

1- There are no comments. When someone is reading your code, you should make it as easy as possible for him/her to figure out what you are doing.

2-Some of your variables are quite vague. Flag for what?  hp of whom? You should make your variables as descriptive as possible without them being ridiculously long. 

3-You should use more spacing and tabs to make your code more readable.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!