adventure dungeon game

Started by
18 comments, last by StubbornDuck 10 years, 5 months ago

here is a little adventure game I have made. it is not perfect. I made this game because I wanted to get better at c++. let me know what you think.[attachment=17930:adventure.zip]

Advertisement

Cool, gave me some nostalgic feelings.

so you liked it? where can I improve it?

When I went to the M and I pressed f after I killed the orc he comes back and I have to fight him again. I think this is a bug. also, I went to the other M and it there was an orc there and then he dissapeared.

cool thanks for the input

I like it. I have a few small issues.

1. I get the same bug as mentioned, the Orc keeps fighting me even if I kill him.
  2. The second 'M' just says I found an Orc, but I never fight him
  3. Include your source code, as it is a much better way of telling you how to improve directly.

Regards,

Stitchs.

well this is probably crappy code but it does work. there is always room for improvement. here is my source code

[attachment=17941:adventure (2).zip]

I also noticed the map doesn't get shown after you defeat the bottom monster(orc), and that you will still find orcs at their locations even after they aren't shown on the map, and even though you can't fight them anymore.

This is nice little game, I guess I should follow your example and keep it simple as I'm learning c++. I realize I was overcomplicating my ideas on what to do while learning and it was being sort of an obstacle, I think it's better to do it simpler and expand from there...

Oh and one thing I might do if I was making a game like this one (you may have already thought about it) would be to clear the screen before updating the map with the new player position.

I created a pointer of type Toilet so I don't have to go to the bathroom as often.

I've looked at your source code... I think you should pay more attention to code formatting, like consistent indentation and more empty lines.

Well, I just looked over your code and here are a few comments:

1- There are no comments. When someone is reading your code, you should make it as easy as possible for him/her to figure out what you are doing.

2-Some of your variables are quite vague. Flag for what? hp of whom? You should make your variables as descriptive as possible without them being ridiculously long.

3-You should use more spacing and tabs to make your code more readable.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement