Looking for help with socket.io

Started by
1 comment, last by hplus0603 10 years, 6 months ago

Hi,

I started working on a multiplayer game about two weeks ago using javascript and HTML5. I've been able to work on the client-side code, graphics and such, with no problem, but have hit a brick wall with the networking. I have a very limited knowledge about socket.io and networking in general and the lack of good information about it is astounding.

I'm really looking for someone who I can chat with, even if it's just e-mails or messages on here, that can answer more specific questions since I've already spent hours upon hours looking up guides and tutorials on the subject.

-Ian James

Advertisement

Hi, Ian!

I am working on something similar myself and perhaps we could help each other.

I have a little knowlegde of socket.io, I have used it on an application and already made some tests for the game I am trying to develop too.

So, I am more than willing to share and exchange knowledge!

What do you think?

Personally, I have no one else to talk about this topic, so I believe it would be really fun. =)

- J

I found socket.io itself to be very easy to work with. The quickstart example is almost everything you need.

What is different, though is the programming model for connected networking in general -- it's nothing at all like HTTP or AJAX, and if that's all the networking you've worked with before, I can see how that would be a different paradigm to learn.

enum Bool { True, False, FileNotFound };

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement