• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Anddos

Cant Build Book Source Code

This topic is 2124 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have just purchased http://www.packtpub.com/directx-11-1-game-programming/book

When i try to compile any of the .sln files that come with the book i get this error (picture below)

I am using Visual studio 2012 Ultimate and i have opened an .sln file with notepad to check if there 2012 project files,here is the output.

Microsoft Visual Studio Solution File, Format Version 12.00
# Visual Studio 2012
Project("{8BC9CEB8-8B4A-11D0-8D11-00A0C91BC942}") = "Cpp_CX", "Cpp_CX\Cpp_CX.vcxproj", "{8F845988-ACC0-4270-B93D-5FF33A39D9BF}"
EndProject

I have attached the first sample project to this post for anyone else that can figure this out.

I am not sure what todo to fix this and get the sources working,thanks for reading.

Edited by Anddos

Advertisement

Well Visual Studio 2013 RC is pretty clear on what's wrong: "This project requires Windows 8.1 or higher to load".

You could try to manually recreate project and add all files, but I doubt it'll run even if you manage to compile.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!